JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to do a transfer on 1/9 and was told that the cue was around 4500 and to expect a week wait. Approval came back on 1/20. My dad bought a rifle on 1/15 and got it the next day. Who knows what's going on.

Bought a shotgun at NW Armory in Milwaukee on 1/4, did the Bg check the next day (1-5)when my order was ready. Washington resident. Worked part time at a FFL in Washington for the last 2 years, and currently full time engineer at a FFL since September.

clean Record. Vancouver resident my whole life. ‍ Ccp in or and wa. Still waiting

I must be a criminal

Got a call today to pick up my shotgun from NW Armory in Milwaukie
Wa Resident with WA and OR CHL
BG Check Started 1/5
Call to pick up 1/26

Oregon FFLs still have to recognize WA laws and holding rules. But was told recently that the daily lists are 6,000 + every single day.

There is no rule in Washington regarding shotguns (semi, or pump), Washington is a NICS instant check. (i1639). If it were a semi auto pistol or rifle, it is a background check through the buyer's local LE (dependent on where they live), and oregon no longer transfers to WA residents, they'd treat it similar to pistol purchase. Purchase firearm and send to WA FFL.

I just wanted to give my information so that, other people can take it as it is

For everyone saying "just get your CHL", just be aware that the next available appointment (for example) in WashCo is July... That 2.5 week for a background check is sounding downright short in comparison.

Update on wait times for anyone who's curious.

Oregon, non-CHL holder. 19 day wait. Started the queue in the mid 5000's.

Have a buddy who bought a handgun last week who's in the 7000 range.

Oregon FFLs still have to recognize WA laws and holding rules. But was told recently that the daily lists are 6,000 + every single day.
Doesn't always happen, do you think OSP is checking health records for WA residents purchasing S/A long guns? I have not heard of one Oregon FFL requiring health records to be checked.

I ran a background check today with a CHL and it, literally, took more time to enter the fields than the actual BGC wait. (My father, who's not technologically inclined in the least, finally started buying guns online and transferring them through his number three child's FFL. Now that he knows how to to do it, I suspect many more of these are coming. :s0112:)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews