JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the update, sounds like the Concealed Carry speeds it up.

It used to be, the discussion said NO, the CCP didn't make a difference. I "Think" they are using a different method of sending in the info for the BGC. The shops doing the BGCs now are saying it makes a difference, and it seem correct. It could be(?) that, due to the overwhelming number of checks, the OSP has decided to just pass the CCP holders. :s0092: But I like it!

It used to be, the discussion said NO, the CCP didn't make a difference. I "Think" they are using a different method of sending in the info for the BGC. The shops doing the BGCs now are saying it makes a difference, and it seem correct. It could be(?) that, due to the overwhelming number of checks, the OSP has decided to just pass the CCP holders. :s0092: But I like it!

Supposedly there was a OSP software glitch over the summer where CHL holders were not being bumped to the head of the queue for reviews.

It has since been fixed, with CHL holders again being bumped up.

Supposedly there was a OSP software glitch over the summer where CHL holders were not being bumped to the head of the queue for reviews.

It has since been fixed, with CHL holders again being bumped up.

I'll have to take your word for it. My experience goes back much further than last summer though. We've had or CCLs for near ten years now. Going back a ways, say during the Obama era, CCLs didn't make a difference buying a gun at the gun show. Well, the retailer didn't ask if you had a CCL. Maybe, the OSP check and saw you on the list? I remember at a particularly busy show at the EXPO Center Wifey and I needing to walk around for an hour waiting for her to clear for a purchase. It was back then we were told different stories by different people.

4 to 6 days. Background checks I did on Sunday just cleared this morning. CHLs are bumping to the front. Earlier this year CHLs didn't help and I am sure it is because the systems were disconnected on purpose due to not a lot of people working. Its good now if you got a CHL.

My purchases all thru 2020 have taken just a couple minutes.

With almost nothing to buy in a store or online, I don't understand such a huge lineup of background checks.:confused:

Went to Highline Firearms this morning in Carlton Or.to make a purchase. Had what I wanted and wait time was INSTANT. (With Conceal Permit)
About as good as it gets. This is a great guy to do business with.......Highly recommend.

If you have a CHL it's great otherwise you're going to be waiting. I bought a handgun in late December it took a little over a week to get approval without my CHL! I just hate having to commute again to the location you purchased it at. The gun stores are just as bad as the grocery stores now a days I don't want to go unless I am in serious need of something! I feel like when I bought my AR15 it took a little over two weeks but that was in like October or November but still. You got to do what you got to do but hopefully you have a CHL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top