Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

wait time on powder

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Stevenav, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Stevenav

Stevenav Redmond Active Member

Sheesh! Powder Valley has been dry as a bone for ages and few if any places are taking back orders... Found a couple. but still.

Does anyone have a reliable way to get reloading powder that they could share? I'm starving for some #5 and #7 and I'm waiting on an order for 8 lbs of ramshot trueblue. Anyone out there know a way to place an order and get it filled within a couple weeks?

2. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just received my Feb order of Unique.. Would share if it could work for you.. Have a spare 8#'s

3. Stevenav

nah, but thanks...i'm good at the moment...I'm just posting so we can share tricks and tips with each other

4. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

My only "trick" has been to try as many stores as possible until I get what I need. I'm down to ONE POUND of 2400 and I'm getting nervous. I have had much ore success with rifle powders, especially at Cabela's in Springfield.

I wish I was more help. It's not really a trick, just what we all have been doing to get what we need. Good luck.

5. Stevenav

Well here's my thing currently.

Sinclair - allows preorders. I have 8 lbs of tru blue earmarked
    Powder valley - check every single day (picked up 8 lbs of sillhoutte from them)
    Order with my local (little known of store out in a fairly rural area) place I go for ammo (these guys get 22lr in and don't jack up the price dramatically) that not many ppl know of.
    Check cabelas daily
    set up notifications to be sent to my phone with midwayUSA

So far I'm getting some pings here and there... but not a lot. I'm just wondering if there's a better way to go about this. I'm afraid I'll have all of them hit at once and I'll be awash in too much for all of 15 minutes and then be in the desert again.

6. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

The Sportsman's Warehouse here in Kennewick has had some sporadic powder available the past few weeks. Sporadic being much better than none. Was able to pick up 2 lbs of 2400, a pound of Power Pro 300-MP, and could have had some Accurate No. 5. It seems to come in at random and most of it goes out pretty quick. I just have to keep checking, not that I really need any at the moment.

7. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Patience is key. It will take sometime, but it'll get there. If everyone keeps buying at the current prices, price will never go down. I check once a week at my lgs's, and I get lucky sometimes. I don't get greedy and buy at full max meaning, when I'm with the wife or with a friend, I don't make them buy me components. Sometimes, I'll pass...

8. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

Powder Valley gets regular shipments of powder, etc. The problem here on the West Coast is that people on the East Coast get up on average 3 hours earlier and log on to shop. Powder Valley's website will only show items available at the time you look. I have logged on, looked at bullets, then powder, then back to bullets. In the time it took for me to change screens after I decided to order, the item was no longer available.

Maybe one needs to recruit family members to check PV's site every hour on the hour and place an order for what you need when it shows up. Then, when you wake up in the morning, you can take your shift and check every hour.

Powder Valley isn't "Dry", they just ship it out fast enough after they receive it that the product doesn't even gather a spec of dust on the shelf.

9. Misternt

Misternt Salem Area Active Member

There's quite a few online vendors. You may have to wait a while to find exactly what you want.

GunBot powder reloading has a powder reloading section that shows a lot of different places at once
    Smokeless Powder bought powder and primers here a couple weeks ago
    Grafs and sons www.grafs.com/‎
    Midsouth shooters supply is another good one
    Wiedners