JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at Skagit arms today talking to the guy behind the counter and the owner when they got a phone call from a guy checking on his delay gun purchase it's TEN business days in Washington now for a delay last year it was five just so you know

I was at Skagit arms today talking to the guy behind the counter and the owner when they got a phone call from a guy checking on his delay gun purchase it's TEN business days in Washington now for a delay last year it was five just so you know

I take it you mean for a handgun? Last time this came up here I looked at the State site. The RCW info there always leave me less sure than before I read it. IIRC it was saying business days too which can mean a lot more with weekends and holidays. Again I am assuming you mean handguns? Since AFAIK WA does not care about long guns, they are just the Federal check?
Also as when this came up before the Dealer does not "have to" release the gun even after the delay. The dealer can but some will not do so until they get the hard OK.

I take it you mean for a handgun? Last time this came up here I looked at the State site. The RCW info there always leave me less sure than before I read it. IIRC it was saying business days too which can mean a lot more with weekends and holidays. Again I am assuming you mean handguns? Since AFAIK WA does not care about long guns, they are just the Federal check?
Also as when this came up before the Dealer does not "have to" release the gun even after the delay. The dealer can but some will not do so until they get the hard OK.
Yes from what he said hand guns BUT he said it's ten days sense 594 went into effect I asked him because I have bought guns and only wait 5 days but he also said they were checked by BATF LAST MONTH so did talk to them about different stuff it's a mess here in Washington he just shook his head and said ten days

This is what they want I have seen stuff on some of the outdoor hunting or shooting shows on TV CANADA THE RULES ARE SO F@#$&+- UP nobody knows what is legal and what is illegal they can change day by day and county buy county that people just give up LOL I'M NOT GIVING UP IF YOU WANT THEM SEND LITTLE BOBBY FERGUSON TO MY DOOR TO TAKE THEM tell him to pack a lunch it's going to be a LONG DAY

Yes from what he said hand guns BUT he said it's ten days sense 594 went into effect I asked him because I have bought guns and only wait 5 days but he also said they were checked by BATF LAST MONTH so did talk to them about different stuff it's a mess here in Washington he just shook his head and said ten days

Yep last time this came up the Lawyer who posts here about gun law mentioned that. That something changed about the same time as 594 went in. It came up because of the guy I work with who wanted a handgun and was turned away at one shop with cash in hand. He did not yet have his permit but had put in the work for it. That dealer would not release until they got the OK from the state and at that time it was taking a month or more. It was before the election and guns were flying out the door. People where getting all bent out of shape at the wait after paying so they were turning people away for handguns in they were getting a permit. Anyone buying a hand gun without a permit would be wise to ask about this at a shop before laying out the cash for just this reason. Make sure what the shops policy is before they pay. You have to remember the people who process the paper work to give the OK for a handgun here are paid every week no matter what. So you have paper pushers who could care less if some paper work just sits.

This is what they want I have seen stuff on some of the outdoor hunting or shooting shows on TV CANADA THE RULES ARE SO F@#$&+- UP nobody knows what is legal and what is illegal they can change day by day and county buy county that people just give up LOL I'M NOT GIVING UP IF YOU WANT THEM SEND LITTLE BOBBY FERGUSON TO MY DOOR TO TAKE THEM tell him to pack a lunch it's going to be a LONG DAY

Yes I have heard from people who live or lived there (Canada) that gun laws there can make what we go through look like nothing.

From what I saw from the way he was talking it's ten days no matter what kind of gun basically his hands are tied he doesn't want any problems so I don't blame him he even said a CPL don't garantee anything

The funny thing is .if these so called law makers went to a gun shop and just walked around and listen to the people that were looking at gun .they would see what's going on the good thing about SKAGIT ARMS is the guy's there don't work for commission I saw TODAY a guy walk through four different guns with a couple guy and girl probably for about a half hour showing them different guns THEY WILL NEVER GET IT BAD GUYS DON'T BUY THERE GUNS AT GUN STORES

From what I saw from the way he was talking it's ten days no matter what kind of gun basically his hands are tied he doesn't want any problems so I don't blame him he even said a CPL don't garantee anything

No doubt many dealers are scared. Don't want to risk their business. I have always had a permit here so never had to deal with a State delay. Last several handguns as soon as I show my CPL the dealer is just doing the federal check on a laptop. So not sure what the guy your dealing with is looking at there for the State of WA. I have no doubt some dealers go over and beyond though just to protect themselves.

The funny thing is .if these so called law makers went to a gun shop and just walked around and listen to the people that were looking at gun .they would see what's going on the good thing about SKAGIT ARMS is the guy's there don't work for commission I saw TODAY a guy walk through four different guns with a couple guy and girl probably for about a half hour showing them different guns THEY WILL NEVER GET IT BAD GUYS DON'T BUY THERE GUNS AT GUN STORES

The people making laws for guns run two camps. A few probably really believe they are trying to keep guns from bad buys. They have to be REALLY ignorant to believe that though. The vast majority know full well the laws they write do nothing to the criminals. They don't care about the criminals. They don't want the common folk to own guns so they use excuses. They know full well they are lying. Does not matter since gun owners keep voting them into office why should they care?

It's a mess we talked about SBR and pistol because that's why I was there was to buy a lower for a pistol it's rediculous the laws and regulations to that separate a pistol and a SBR as we all know he had both hanging on the wall lol the only difference was the sig brace

I bought a gun thru buds gun shop and had it shipped to tri-cites.Waited for ever like 29days and they wanted to run me thru the system again,I showed them the law on failure to resolute and walked with my rifle.

I bought a gun thru buds gun shop and had it shipped to tri-cites.Waited for ever like 29days and they wanted to run me thru the system again,I showed them the law on failure to resolute and walked with my rifle.
No doubt the problem here is many FFL holders are scared. Even though the law states that after the wait for the Feds on all guns here, and on the State for hand guns here if you don't have a permit, many are still worried. It looks like many just will not release the gun until they get the hard "proceed" from the Feds, or the "OK" from the state on hand guns assuming no permit. Can't say I blame them. If I had a shop not sure what the hell I would do in this situation. No doubt some are worried that after they let a gun go it will turn out the buyer should not have gotten the OK. Then if the buyer does something here come the lawyers. Sure the shop did follow the law but, does that mean if someone sues they don't then have to pay to defend themselves? Law makers have made a royal mess of this whole damn thing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top