JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
approved 01-13-10
picked up 01-18-10

DSCF1292.jpg
USP CT 45 + Gemtech Blackside 45 with L.I.D.

Thought I'd update on the total turn-around time. BATFE check cashed 9-5-09 and just got call from dealer that the approval paperwork arrived!
6 months! - That's our effiencient government at work and they want to take over health care????????

reviving a sleeping thread here....

anyone bought a suppressor lately? any update on wait times? longer or shorter wait time now that it's legal WA?

Silencers have ALWAYS been legal in WA. There are 6 kinds of NFA items and several forms and ways to do NFA transfers and what they do.

The fact that Silencers just became 100% legal to shoot in WA (many folks have been buying and using them here for a long time) I am guessing will have less then a 1% effect on the total work load of that branch of ATF. So no change from the normal.

Who knows, I still think things are slowin down. I'm comin up on a four months for a form 1 and still waiting, and they usually run a little faster than a form 4 IME. My last form 1 was 3 1/2 months,,, :confused:

If Snookie is any faster than Farris, it may be a good change. :)

I had one ( form 1) go pending on June 30th. I was told by an examiner to expect 5 months for approval. Mine was submited prior to the assignment change, so I am under the old system, not the geographical one.

Ranb

Filled everything out on wednesday at the dealer, I'll update in a month or so when I call to see where its at. Already feel like I should be making another purchase so I can keep the stamps rolling once they are getting sent back.

That's got to be annoying waiting for the stamp.

The stamp arrived at the dealer, I just don't know when. I have picked up my NFA item and the postmark on the envelope is 12Oct so I imagine he received it within a couple days of that, most likely the 14th. The hard part of the wait was after my dealer received the stamp! My dealer moved around the corner to a larger space and had to amend his FFL and SOT with the new address. The ATF approved his amended FFL immediately but not his SOT. We had to wait until his amended SOT was received before he could transfer any NFA! He called me last Saturday night to tell me everything was ready and he came in on his normally closed Monday to do the transfer for me.

In the past I've had a stamp approved not show up. The ATF makes you wait 30 days past approved date and will send a certified copy of their copy to allow transfer. Of course the certified copy and my original showed up at my dealer within a couple days so I've got two copies for that item.

I edited my earlier post to show the likely received date.

Looks like its my turn to wait for the stamp after getting approved. :(

My first form went to approved on Nov.23 but so far coctailer hasn't received the stamp yet.

Anyone else have a long delay between the approval and getting the stamp?

Looks like its my turn to wait for the stamp after getting approved. :(

My first form went to approved on Nov.23 but so far coctailer hasn't received the stamp yet.

Anyone else have a long delay between the approval and getting the stamp?

Yes. They have 30 days to get the stamp out. Some examiners send them out in batches. They won't do anything until it's been over 30 days. After that call and ask to speak to your examiner. I had one that was lost and the examiner sent out a certified copy to my dealer to complete the transfer.

The can will take 3 months to clear.

You can pick up the pistol right away.

make sure to get the serial number for the can. You can call ATF every few days after you send in the paperwork (wait 2 weeks before calling).

I have heard that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" so it may come back much faster.
Yeah do that then they'll put you on the bottom of the pile, specially if you get agent Lamburger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top