JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always wondered if there was any rhyme or reason for the variation in approval times. I've never had to wait for a background check. I picked up a new gun yesterday with no wait. Even before I had my CHL, I was buying at one of the black Friday sales. I was told that there was a 2 to 3 hour wait and that they would call me when I could pick up my gun. I started walking away and they immediately yelled for me to come back and get my gun. I got the stink eye from everyone there waiting. It makes me wonder what it says about me in a background check
[/QUO

Checking around the local scenes yesterday yielded that certain locations were still hit.

Sportsmans on 185th had a line and said average wait times were about an hour to hour an a half. He did say veterans were getting approved instantly.

Oregonarms looks like it had been picked clean but had plenty of ammo stock. Online orders is probably the way to go for right now. They did mention they had a que up to 500 or so earlier in the day but by the time I got to sportsmans they said it was between 200-300.

Not sure why, but yesterday when I went in and did a transfer the line was at 400+. I did a trade and wound up getting approved instantly. The other party was added to the queue.

I doubt its only anti-gun people who suddenly saw the light who are panic-buying guns. Not necessarily people with no gun experience either. My guess is its mostly people who do have some gun experience, but no gun. Someone should do an exit poll.

Whoever it is, it ain't us. At least not for the guns. Though a surprising number of NWFAers dont seem to think they have enough ammo or reloading components. Though that may be 'cause some of us think no amount of ammo or components is enough.
I reload for almost all my calibers and I certainly don't have enough components. I might have to re-up before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Once. :D

Checking around the local scenes yesterday yielded that certain locations were still hit.

Sportsmans on 185th had a line and said average wait times were about an hour to hour an a half. He did say veterans were getting approved instantly.

Oregonarms looks like it had been picked clean but had plenty of ammo stock. Online orders is probably the way to go for right now. They did mention they had a que up to 500 or so earlier in the day but by the time I got to sportsmans they said it was between 200-300.
Curious as to how they know your veteran status or was that a joke?

Sunday 05/24/20, noon, #291, after 15 minutes chatting with salesman about 10mm handguns I get an approval. He asked what I did for a living because usually only veterans, LEO's, and people who work at the airport get auto's ahead of the line. Told him I was none of the above, he told me it was my lucky day.

Did anybody here go through firearm purchase yesterday May 30, what was the wait time like?
Lots of info on wait times straight from the horse's mouth:

just did another transaction...yesterday did a tranasction at Cut Above and was at 1300 BGC....was told it may be till sunday for both of us to come back...was just called an hour ago and was told my buyer was approved and just got back from handing off my rifle....but yes.....the count is back up to rougly 1700 as of today with most being a 2 day wait

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top