JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not true. I saw people going in the shops both experienced and not experienced. I'm not experienced and I never owned a gun before but before the only ten people can be the same place thing, I took a basic handgun course so I've got a bit of confidence in handling my handgun, the shotgun well not 100% but if someone gets into my house I know how to hold it properly and aim. I've shot some guns before so I'll probably be ok. My experience is tbat it was 70% experienced gun owners and 30% inexperienced like me. Don't slam down on us all, we want to protect our families too and I'm a single mom with 3 kids and I just moved back to the USA summer last year and thought I'd have more time to take classes and find the right guns but got rushed by the craziness of CV19. I didn't take all the ammo nor the TP. Anyway, the newbie gun owners are just trying to be safe in the craziness so give us a break ok?
But you DID have some gun experience. Had even taken a course. Didnt own a gun because circumstances didnt allow. Im saying I think there are many like you, experienced or not, who are buying guns now. That is, there are plenty of reasons for not owning a gun till now other than being an antigunner. There are lots of reasons for not having a gun even if you would like one. Money. No car, no way to get anywhere to shoot or practice. Living in a college dorm that forbids firearms. Living in a state or country where owning one is legally difficult or impossible. Ive experienced all those at various times.

But you DID have some gun experience. Had even taken a course. Didnt own a gun because circumstances didnt allow. Im saying I think there are many like you, experienced or not, who are buying guns now. That is, there are plenty of reasons for not owning a gun till now other than being an antigunner. There are lots of reasons for not having a gun even if you would like one. Money. No car, no way to get anywhere to shoot or practice. Living in a college dorm that forbids firearms. Living in a state or country where owning one is legally difficult or impossible. Ive experienced all those at various times.

I'm thinking I have to go with Ms @SunShineShan82 I just can't see a large number of people that have no experience with firearms running out and grabbing them now. Every run on gun stores that I've seen in my 11 years has been gun folks, buying more guns. I would LOVE to be wrong. Please let me be wrong! Time will tell.

Another thing, let's say we DO have thousands upon thousands of brand spanking new-to-guns buyers? How many of them will vote for the only presidential candidate out of the TWO who WON'T allow your 2nd Amendments right to be crushed?

It took me 5-10 mins 5 days ago to get my shotgun and after that when I got my 380 s&w it was fine. If a bunch of people all buying at the same time it's probably longer.

You show you are in WA if this is where you are trying to buy a hand gun then you are not going to have to worry about hours long wait, like OR. You will be lucky to get the OK after a week now sadly. If you go to buy a simple .22 rifle like a Ruger 10/22 you get a 10 day wait. Since this will of course keep all the criminals from buying guns:s0140:

Not true. I saw people going in the shops both experienced and not experienced. I'm not experienced and I never owned a gun before but before the only ten people can be the same place thing, I took a basic handgun course so I've got a bit of confidence in handling my handgun, the shotgun well not 100% but if someone gets into my house I know how to hold it properly and aim. I've shot some guns before so I'll probably be ok. My experience is tbat it was 70% experienced gun owners and 30% inexperienced like me. Don't slam down on us all, we want to protect our families too and I'm a single mom with 3 kids and I just moved back to the USA summer last year and thought I'd have more time to take classes and find the right guns but got rushed by the craziness of CV19. I didn't take all the ammo nor the TP. Anyway, the newbie gun owners are just trying to be safe in the craziness so give us a break ok?
I don't "think" anything like that is meant by those of us saying things like the OP said. It has just been VERY frustrating to many of us for decades. I have family who have for decades, behind my back, said I was some kind of nut. That no one "needs a gun". Even some of them are suddenly asking about how to get one now and learn to shoot. What frustrates those of us who have been fighting all this time is the freedom. The law makers who have made buying a gun so hard are not just after guns. They do not like people to have freedom. They are always in for all kinds of new rules. Since they are of course exempt from the rules they want to push on others. We keep hoping more will wake up and stop voting for people who think they should be able to control everyone.

Truly for most of us we welcome new shooters into our ranks. We have rules that we try to live by on how to handle a pistol/rifle/shotgun because we want people to be safe around us. For their safety and ours. You will us to be a good bunch of people that are willing to help others if they have an issue. (such as the stuck take down pin thread) Practice practice practice shoot shoot shoot

I doubt its only anti-gun people who suddenly saw the light who are panic-buying guns. Not necessarily people with no gun experience either. My guess is its mostly people who do have some gun experience, but no gun. Someone should do an exit poll.

Whoever it is, it ain't us. At least not for the guns. Though a surprising number of NWFAers dont seem to think they have enough ammo or reloading components. Though that may be 'cause some of us think no amount of ammo or components is enough.

I have more damn guns than I want right now. Only due to the stupid laws that got put in making it more trouble than it was worth to sell ones I no longer want. If there is a up side to this for me it will be I may be able to sell a few guns for enough to be worth letting them find new homes. Have one little 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags that may interest some if they can no longer be found :D

Well, Bought a lower last friday, I was #160 in the que, took about 1 1/2 hours to clear! Normally, that's 1 1/2 hours to do something productive, but I chose to hang around the gun shop, which is never a good idea! Weekend before that, the que during the Albany Gun Show I was #110, and cleared in about 1/2 hour!

Completely disagree.
Sadly, no, many of them will not. It's of course a good start that some are trying to buy now but, in my experience the hard core will still not see the light. Many of them will not see any irony in saying they "need" a gun but, we still "need" more gun laws:confused: Look how many of them have voted for decades? People who have homeless scum ruining their neighborhoods who then vote for the same people who did this too them and blame people who are not in power:s0054:

Well, Bought a lower last friday, I was #160 in the que, took about 1 1/2 hours to clear! Normally, that's 1 1/2 hours to do something productive, but I chose to hang around the gun shop, which is never a good idea! Weekend before that, the que during the Albany Gun Show I was #110, and cleared in about 1/2 hour!
LOL, this will help make the shortages worse. people that have to hang around the shops waiting will end up with all kinds of stuff they did not walk in to buy. :D

Sadly, no, many of them will not. It's of course a good start that some are trying to buy now but, in my experience the hard core will still not see the light. Many of them will not see any irony in saying they "need" a gun but, we still "need" more gun laws:confused: Look how many of them have voted for decades? People who have homeless scum ruining their neighborhoods who then vote for the same people who did this too them and blame people who are not in power:s0054:

Just because an anti decides to run out and buy a gun doesn't mean jack or squat in how they vote.

Just because an anti decides to run out and buy a gun doesn't mean jack or squat in how they vote.
Yep, sadly a LOT of people who actively support people losing freedom think they are exempt. Don't want others to have freedom but, think they should be able to make their own choices. Amazing to watch some times. Not to mention they vote for people who make a mess, then the people who made the mess promise to "fix it". So the same people line up to vote for them to fix the mess, again.:s0054:

Yep, sadly a LOT of people who actively support people losing freedom think they are exempt. Don't want others to have freedom but, think they should be able to make their own choices. Amazing to watch some times. Not to mention they vote for people who make a mess, then the people who made the mess promise to "fix it". So the same people line up to vote for them to fix the mess, again.:s0054:
Well, everyone claims to be a capitalist until they are offered something for free

Truly for most of us we welcome new shooters into our ranks. We have rules that we try to live by on how to handle a pistol/rifle/shotgun because we want people to be safe around us. For their safety and ours. You will us to be a good bunch of people that are willing to help others if they have an issue. (such as the stuck take down pin thread) Practice practice practice shoot shoot shoot
Right. Some people now are scared/inspired into getting their first gun. Well, many of us get scared into buying our first gun. I was. I owned a rifle as a kid, but had to leave it home when I went to uni and lived in dorm. Was very familiar with handguns, but they belonged to parents. Moved off campus after first year, into WWII quonset huts, a sort of student ghetto. Was working my way through school, so stayed there during term break.

It was two huge guys trying to do a home invasion-of the only occupied unit for blocks around--that scared me into taking every dollar I had and buying a gun the next day. I wanted more than a coke bottle and bluff the next time. It was clear that between terms, where I lived was very dangerous. Next time came just days later. Guy trying to get in window. Drove him off at gun point. Much better than coke bottle and bluff.

Right. Some people now are scared/inspired into getting their first gun. Well, many of us get scared into buying our first gun. I was. I owned a rifle as a kid, but had to leave it home when I went to uni and lived in dorm. Was very familiar with handguns, but they belonged to parents. Moved off campus after first year, into WWII quonset huts, a sort of student ghetto. Was working my way through school, so stayed there during term break.

It was two huge guys trying to do a home invasion-of the only occupied unit for blocks around--that scared me into taking every dollar I had and buying a gun the next day. I wanted more than a coke bottle and bluff the next time. It was clear that between terms, where I lived was very dangerous. Next time came just days later. Guy trying to get in window. Drove him off at gun point. Much better than coke bottle and bluff.
Liberals become conservative when they get mugged!

I have heard a couple guys on shows say it's real hard to fight against Santaclaus. Promise "free" everything that "someone else" is going to pay for and watch the lemmings run for the cliff.:(
Talking to my daughter last night. She told me that she really didn't need the $$ as much as someone else. I said that if she thought about it that trying to refuse or return the money would be next to impossible! Take the money and spend it in ways that help others less fortunate. You'll sleep better at night.

I have family who have for decades, behind my back, said I was some kind of nut. That no one "needs a gun". Even some of them are suddenly asking about how to get one now and learn to shoot.

Me too. They're like the kids who show up on the last day of class and want to know what's on the test.

Truly for most of us we welcome new shooters into our ranks. We have rules that we try to live by on how to handle a pistol/rifle/shotgun because we want people to be safe around us. For their safety and ours.

Yep. I've taught/introduced a lot of people to the sport. I'm not taking anyone on right now for a crash course. For me the number one thing is safety, and drilling safety with a BB gun until it becomes second nature, followed by mechanical function, i.e., understand what ever little piece of your firearm does. The very last thing is shooting. I won't shoot with anyone who wants to shortcut this process.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top