JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got off the phone with bi-mart in Cheney Washington. It's been 12 working days now and they said they will NOT release my pistol until they hear back on background check....If you plan on buying a pistol there heads up, they make their own laws

Just got off the phone with bi-mart in Cheney Washington. It's been 12 working days now and they said they will NOT release my pistol until they hear back on background check....If you plan on buying a pistol there heads up, they make their own laws
If you go to a big-box store to save a little money this is the policy you will hear. "It's corporate" yada yada. My favorite local ffl has a sign on his counter stating he WILL transfer after 10 working days. He told me he has had a couple come back as denials after the transfer and all he has done is call the buyer and ask them to return the firearm and if they refused the problem was law enforcements to go and get it. No problem to him as it was a legal transaction. Our sheriff is not anti gun but hates doing the back ground checks and set them a low priority often a month. He's po'd because the state never gave him any money to process the checks. Ask the ffl their policy BEFORE putting down your money.

I guess I should have asked. From what I was told the dealer has the option to hold it until background check comes thru. They could have told me their policies before I done it

April 30th, 2020. I went to Keith's around 1PM to get a blue label G48. I waited outside for about thirty minutes. Once I got in, filled out paperwork, paid for the firearm, they started the BGC, In a few minutes I was cleared and walked out (had to go across the street to have my gun handed to me etc.). Other folks were still waiting for a good while to pass their BGC. I don't know why I got to clear my BGC so quick, I was told I have a "clean background"... whatever that means lol. I have a valid CHL and an Arizona out of state license, but as far as I understand, having an Oregon CHL doesn't push me ahead of the line.

Went in to A Cut Above Pawn to pick up one I ordered on Friday.Took maybe a total of 20 minutes including filling out the form to getting out the door.

late March in Portland Orgeon it was at 2.5k-3k in line over one of the weekends and I had to come back a week later (they called me to schedule an appointment). Since then, i've purchased other firearms with ~30 in line (mid April) for about 30 min and ~90 in line for about 1 hour (late April). All separate locations.

Purchased a Sig from LGS, I have Concealed carry permits, Washington, Oregon and others, still took 8 days to clear...:mad:

Washington and Oregon have turned into such a congealed joke... Why Washington ask's for your permit makes me wonder..:eek:.

Bought a Hk VP9sk on April 3rd at my LGS in Tacoma. I was told a 2 week wait for the background check, and i'm still waiting. I called on May 8th and was told my application was resubmitted and that it would be "expedited" and I should hear back soon.

I've always wondered if there was any rhyme or reason for the variation in approval times. I've never had to wait for a background check. I picked up a new gun yesterday with no wait. Even before I had my CHL, I was buying at one of the black Friday sales. I was told that there was a 2 to 3 hour wait and that they would call me when I could pick up my gun. I started walking away and they immediately yelled for me to come back and get my gun. I got the stink eye from everyone there waiting. It makes me wonder what it says about me in a background check

I've always wondered if there was any rhyme or reason for the variation in approval times. I've never had to wait for a background check. I picked up a new gun yesterday with no wait. Even before I had my CHL, I was buying at one of the black Friday sales. I was told that there was a 2 to 3 hour wait and that they would call me when I could pick up my gun. I started walking away and they immediately yelled for me to come back and get my gun. I got the stink eye from everyone there waiting. It makes me wonder what it says about me in a background check

I'm almost always within 15 minutes, even before my CHL. I have had a Government clearance, so I know I'm in the federal system.

Picked up a new to me pistol on Tuesday during lunch break. According to Google maps, I was at Tigard Pawn for 22 minutes.

Oregon, transfer done earlier in the week. Auto approved and done about 10min after handing over the 4473. This was mid afternoon, too. I expected worse.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top