JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can confirm I work in a gunstore(Cabelas). Not only that but it is getting worse, started getting bad about the 13th, the past few days we have been telling people that they are more than likely not leaving the store with the firearm. Then there is the whole ammo craze, yesterday we got a big shipment of ammo all the 9mm,.40 S&W, .45 acp, .357 magnum, 10mm, .223,5.56, 7.62x39and .38 special are all gone and it only took a few hours because people were waiting outside the store til we opened to buy ammo.

Before I left today the NICS que was in the 700's, even on black friday or gunshow days I've only seen it get to a maximum of 185. Which is all run through OSP, in other words this effects the whole state.(Oregon State Police)

BG checks in Nevada are currently 2-3 weeks, normally 15 minutes.

I noticed the people posting saying they were approved instantly were buying receivers, while the people buying complete guns have to wait. I wonder if that might mean something?

I noticed the people posting saying they were approved instantly were buying receivers, while the people buying complete guns have to wait. I wonder if that might mean something?

Buying a rifle was like another person said: I was approved before I could finish filling out my paperwork and put my ID back into my wallet. Even the store owner was surprised.

I bought a kimber the 15th, still no gun
The shop should do the transfer after ten business days without any contact from your local LE. That would have been today? Go in tomorrow and ask for your pistol. If they won't transfer find a different ffl for future deals and check their policy before you buy. Reward the ffl who follows the law.

i did 5 AR lowers last Saturday, and to my surprise it took less than 5 mins. I was barely finished putting my Id's and wallet back in my pocket and the FFL was saying ok good to go. So surprisingly happy about that.

I had the same experience buying 3 handguns a couple days ago. They asked me to stick around in case I needed to fix anything. Couple minutes later I was good to go.

Honestly wasn't any different than any other time I've had a bgc done

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads