JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure, but I suspect that when a new check shown up on the screen, if it is a CHL, it's goes through instant, if it gets bumped in the order it gets displayed on screen by another BGC, it goes back in que, and until it pops up again, its gets to wait!
Mine is still going, looks like it's a full 2 days!

Looks like mine only took a day and a half to get approved (# 2300ish in line), but the gun shop was too lazy to call me to come get it. They said I must have "slipped through". Oh well!

So what is up with folks getting approved in less that 15 minutes, when there are over a 1,000 people in line? Random selection?

I waited for two hours, right before the madness, for a 113 year old rifle I'm going to restore. Seems very odd to me. o_O

I think it is just like the grocery store - when there are lots of people in line, they shift a worker from another area and open up a new check-out lane. Sometimes that means the next guy moves over and gets done quicker, but sometimes it is the guy in the middle or at the end of the line.

Got this today. Took the whole 10 days and they got the proceed when they were just going to let it walk anyway. Then of course they were told to shut down. So made an appointment. They were closed but came to the door when walked up to the door. Now just need the damn range to open so I can make sure it works:mad:
Edit I should mention this is the new .22 version. Wife wanted one so assuming this is 100% it will be her carry.

LCP22.png

Last Edited:
Ok did an Oregon transfer for a long gun at Tigard pawn just now. I have my CHL, I am a regular purchaser, I don't have law enforcement or military background. I included my social and was informed I am number 697. They told me it's been getting better and that I should expect a call tomorrow. I'll let you all know when I get the call.

We may need to start adding additional info, such as race, political affiliation / donations, ODFW points, Hunting License, Taxes owed/refunded, credit score, filled out Census, ???, to figure this out.

Then again , it could just be a simple software bug. Folks who get instant approvals, are simply getting someone else's approval. So much for their 'Gun Registration' scheme.

Last Edited:
I submitted a check on Sunday at 1pm.
I was # 2612 in the queue but not sure if that was with CHL jumping..?

I'm not concerned on when it approves, I did it kind of to see how slow it really is. Guessing I'll get a phone call tomorrow to come pick it up.

They should be able to check a few hundred per hour at a minimum, even if it is 200/hour, that's still 2400 a day.

You don't fill out a 4473 and expect NICS to actually be NInstantCS right?

BCG was approved on Tuesday at 1pm.
48 hours from start to finish.

Ok did an Oregon transfer for a long gun at Tigard pawn just now. I have my CHL, I am a regular purchaser, I don't have law enforcement or military background. I included my social and was informed I am number 697. They told me it's been getting better and that I should expect a call tomorrow. I'll let you all know when I get the call.
Got the phone call today around 1pm. Less then 24hours

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top