JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it was longer than pressing enter and having an approval, then you weren't instant.
Yes, you've mentioned that. I'm not an FFL, so I didn't know that ever happened to anyone. I do know that it never took more than 20 minutes, even when the queue was weeks long, until last December. So, apparently there's instant, very, very quick, and weeks or months. I went from very, very quick, to weeks or months. If it was just a matter of the FFL entering information wrong, then apparently all the FFLs started getting very, very sloppy around that same time, because the "very, very quick" option seemed to go away for a lot of people.

It's all irrelevant to me anymore, as I am done buying guns for the foreseeable future. I'm sitting here drinking lemonade, because I just got down from my roof. I've been pulling off the old shingles, in preparation for a new roof on at least part of the house. I have to do it this summer before leaks cause major damage; I already need some new plywood. I'm doing it myself because I can't afford to hire a roofer without dipping into retirement money.

A coworker suggested I just sell some guns to pay for it. The problem with that idea is that it would take a lot of guns to do that, and then I wouldn't have guns. Heresy! I'll do it myself.

Yes, you've mentioned that. I'm not an FFL, so I didn't know that ever happened to anyone. I do know that it never took more than 20 minutes, even when the queue was weeks long, until last December. So, apparently there's instant, very, very quick, and weeks or months. I went from very, very quick, to weeks or months. If it was just a matter of the FFL entering information wrong, then apparently all the FFLs started getting very, very sloppy around that same time, because the "very, very quick" option seemed to go away for a lot of people.

It's all irrelevant to me anymore, as I am done buying guns for the foreseeable future. I'm sitting here drinking lemonade, because I just got down from my roof. I've been pulling off the old shingles, in preparation for a new roof on at least part of the house. I have to do it this summer before leaks cause major damage; I already need some new plywood. I'm doing it myself because I can't afford to hire a roofer without dipping into retirement money.

A coworker suggested I just sell some guns to pay for it. The problem with that idea is that it would take a lot of guns to do that, and then I wouldn't have guns. Heresy! I'll do it myself.
Back when there wasn't a ten mile long line, the non-instant human intervention was pretty quick. Now there's a line that wraps around the State. I'm 99.99% confident that the human intervention is slow dancing now. They were clearing almost 5k per day in the CHL line. It sounds like they're only doing a few hundred a day now.

Back when there wasn't a ten mile long line, the non-instant human intervention was pretty quick. Now there's a line that wraps around the State. I'm 99.99% confident that the human intervention is slow dancing now. They were clearing almost 5k per day in the CHL line. It sounds like they're only doing a few hundred a day now.
State will make a ton of money if they pass new transfer laws so of course they slow walk it all now. I am cynical for sure but I follow the money. There is a lot of money to be made fleecing Oregon citizens that want to buy guns.

I know guys that will do a good job for cash.

Thanks, but I just don't have the money to hire a contractor. I have a couple boys who need to learn how to work, and a couple friends who've said they'll give me a hand, and can be paid in pizza, beer, and maybe some ammo. :)

I have about a quarter of the old shingles tore off of the area that needs done. Wow, roofing is a lot of work. I didn't realize how bad it was. Whoever roofed it last did it wrong, used the wrong roofing for the shallow pitch on that side. I'll need to replace some plywood, some studs, and even part of the ceiling in one room.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Make sure you take your time and install your roof correctly, otherwise you'll have a leak again within 4 years and have to pull it all apart again. You can definitely do it it's not rocket science but people botch construction all the time. As a contractor, ask me how I know. 😝

Thanks, but I just don't have the money to hire a contractor. I have a couple boys who need to learn how to work, and a couple friends who've said they'll give me a hand, and can be paid in pizza, beer, and maybe some ammo. :)

I have about a quarter of the old shingles tore off of the area that needs done. Wow, roofing is a lot of work. I didn't realize how bad it was. Whoever roofed it last did it wrong, used the wrong roofing for the shallow pitch on that side. I'll need to replace some plywood, some studs, and even part of the ceiling in one room.

Sorry for the thread drift.
Nice this new generation definitely needs to learn how to work lol. My company we install metal roofing primarily and work with other companies that do shingles. Let me know if you need help I can find guys that could help you on cash rate and not contractor rate.

Last Edited:
Make sure you take your time and install your roof correctly, otherwise you'll have a leak again within 4 years and have to pull it all apart again. You can definitely do it it's not rocket science but people botch construction all the time. As a contractor, ask me how I know. 😝
Oh yeah, I've come to know that all too well. The back portion of this house is an addition, on a slab that was originally a patio. Parts of it were done poorly. I redid a back wall several years ago, maybe 15ft section with a window, and it was bad. The window was mounted only in the siding, and leaked. I talked to an acquaintance whose career is window; he's installed thousands and works for a large window company in sales. I framed it up and did it right.

The roof on the addition is a lower pitch than the rest of the house. The roof was fairly new when we bought it a decade ago, but they put regular shingles over the addition too. It looks like it's had slight leaks primarily where the pitch changes for quite some time, not enough to leak into the house, but enough to rot away some boards in a few places.

I do have friends who can help me, with at least advice and direction. I have a life-long friend who's an experienced contractor who I'll be talking too, but unfortunately he's four hours away and really busy. Another good friend will be stopping by tomorrow, who's done this kind of work his whole life. I'm hoping I can talk him into helping me with the structural stuff.

I'm hoping to just do the addition area, about 15'x65', since the roof on the rest of the house is worn but otherwise sound, but if I decide to just do it all, I'll probably be looking to hire some more help. Wow, roofing is a heck of a lot of physical work.

Added- epic thread drift here. I know this kind of drift really bugs some people, so if it offends you, say so and I'll delete this and take it to a new thread in the off-topic forum.

Approved today.
Second to last BGC was phoned in and cleared in an hour and a half. Which was weird, since my third to last BGC (at BiMart) was delayed from May 15th to June 10th or so yet cleared the same night as the second to last.
Last BGC was phoned in and took a coupled hours what with a Gunshow going on somewhere.
As usual The State lies even when telling the truth is easier. If you listen to the "ON HOLD" message, OSP says the online BGC is easier and quicker. WHAT A LIE. It's not worth going to a dealer who won't take the time to call it in. I only made a purchase from BiMart because it was a discontinued pistol, discounted to almost 50% of online listings.

Second to last BGC was phoned in and cleared in an hour and a half. Which was weird, since my third to last BGC (at BiMart) was delayed from May 15th to June 10th or so yet cleared the same night as the second to last.
Last BGC was phoned in and took a coupled hours what with a Gunshow going on somewhere.
As usual The State lies even when telling the truth is easier. If you listen to the "ON HOLD" message, OSP says the online BGC is easier and quicker. WHAT A LIE. It's not worth going to a dealer who won't take the time to call it in. I only made a purchase from BiMart because it was a discontinued pistol, discounted to almost 50% of online listings.
That's definitely a lie indeed. My FFL calls them in during the evening hours and I've gotten cleared within about half-an-hour. No CWP either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top