JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked up a rifle yesterday and used my concealed permit number on the application.
Jumped me to number 2 position. I was approved in about 15 minutes.
Salesman said this is very common.
Good luck .

Two questions, do you have a CHL and/or have you had a BGC done recently?
I have a CHL and had another BGC done a few months ago. I don't use the CHL on the paperwork though so it probably wouldn't be seen until I had the actual BGC done. It's all a matter of waiting behind others getting their BGC done. I never do a BGC on the weekend. Especially when there is a gun show going on. FWIW, over the last few years fastest wait time was 5 minutes, slowest slightly over an hour. Most have been within 30 minutes on a weekday. Worst experience I ever had on a BGC/gun check was when the handgun came back stolen after online purchase from an out of state gun shop. Police got the gun, I got my money back. Shop had originally purchased the unclaimed gun from the local PD who never bothered clearing it from the national database.

Good lord, if you're in MultCo, unless they've changed their SOP, your wait time starts in December.
I am in Multnomah county. I have already received the email saying my appointment is December 9th. There's a waiting period after?

edit: to elaborate I took a CHL class on August 23rd, and submitted my application that day. August 27th I received an email saying that application was accepted and my appoint would be in December.

Last Edited:
I am in Multnomah county. I have already received the email saying my appointment is December 9th. There's a waiting period after?
By law, the county has a set time to issue or deny your permit. MultCo found a way around that by claiming the clock starts at your appointment. All other counties, in general non pandemic times, are drop off same day. The clock doesn't start in MultCo until you drop off the paperwork, which is December.

By law, the county has a set time to issue or deny your permit. MultCo found a way around that by claiming the clock starts at your appointment. All other counties, in general non pandemic times, are drop off same day. The clock doesn't start in MultCo until you drop off the paperwork, which is December.
So the paperwork I did online isn't "THE paperwork"? Good lord, these regulations are crazy. I finally realize how naive I was before I thought about purchasing a firearm.

5E4FC917-95C4-4F68-AC24-5217B7531B4F.png

So the paperwork I did online isn't "THE paperwork"? Good lord, these regulations are crazy. I finally realize how naive I was before I thought about purchasing a firearm.

View attachment 1022896
Did you fill out the application online or are you supposed to drop it off? They didn't have anything online when I did it. They made you bring in the application and whatnot, then they take your picture and fingerprints; that's when the clock started.

The instructions sounds like they're not doing the BGC until after your appointment.

Did you fill out the application online or are you supposed to drop it off? They didn't have anything online when I did it. They made you bring in the application and whatnot, then they take your picture and fingerprints; that's when the clock started.

The instructions sounds like they're not doing the BGC until after your appointment.
I filled the paperwork out online, but maybe there's more?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top