JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If staffing was an issue, we'd see a bottleneck with other background checks, but the results are coming back fast as ever.

Nor was there any major cuts or layoffs from OSP since last July and high turnover has not been an issue either.

If staffing was an issue, we'd see a bottleneck with other background checks, but the results are coming back fast as ever.

Nor was there any major cuts or layoffs from OSP since last July and high turnover has not been an issue either.
I can't say I fully understand how different types of background checks are processed. I do know that Oregon requires OSP to be the ones who process the background check through the NICS database rather than the FFL being the ones to process it.

Do you have a source to cite the lack of layoffs or turnover? Turnover may also be skewed as FICS unit employees likely can change departments. Remember, citations and credible sources are important when it comes to maintaining accountability.

My application is in June so hopefully anything after that is that fast
I am not sure it will make a difference; I have never had to wait regardless of how long the queue is and I do not have a CHL.

I have a very unique name - there are a few people who have the same first & last name and they are all female whereas I am male, but nobody has the same first, last and middle name - at least not in the USA, possibly not in the world (I would bet on it) because my middle name is a family name that is extremely unique. Combine that with my SS #, a past secret clearance, past military enlistment, possibly the fact that I buy guns quite frequently (maybe keeping the system up to date?), and my BGCs just seem to sail thru the system with no delays.

I don't know how the system works behind the scenes so I don't know why some people like me just get a quick response when there are some many people in the queue. I am just guessing that is some combination of the data that is put in and assuming that those who have to wait in a long line don't have unique enough personal data to skip to the front of the line? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me. Why would the OSP/NICS personnel push my BGC in front of all those people otherwise?

And every time we think we have it figured out...

My boy has a CHL. Previous transfers have been immediate. The last one, 2+ weeks. o_O
I wouldn't put it past the roaches in Salem to do some back-room schtick to get CHL holders put in with the non-CHL holders. Just because that's they way they work.

I tried my CHL fast pass for the first time this Friday and was out in 15 minutes, which was a lot nicer than the 2-3 weeks I had waited in the past. I was prepared to be placed on hold however, as I had seen the posts that CHL holders were posting about this not always being the case.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top