JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
entered a pistol into the system yesterday (27 Jan) @ 1400, awaiting operator #6876 of 6958, granted no CHL just ORDL, from what I am reading I must have made the do not process list, @ 1256 today (28 Jan) still awaiting #6523 of 6917. feeling frustration for buyer

And the 3 day rule will be no more:

HB2543: Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party if Department of State Police isunable to determine whether recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

Here are links to that bill among others:

HB2510: Firearm security controls: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2510/Introduced

HB2543: Firearm transfer restrictions: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2543/Introduced

SB396: Ban less detectable Firearms, or without serial numbers, criminal penalties: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB0396/Introduced

SB554: Carrying restrictions patchwork laws across state, criminal penalties: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB0554/Introduced

SB585: Carrying restrictions to be enacted by locality:

https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB0585/Introduced

SB604: Permit required for purchase of firearm, other criteria:

https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB0604/Introduced

The 3 day rule wasn't a viable option anyways.

Unless you had a long relationship with the FFL they wouldn't release the firearm.

If anyone knows an FFL that will release a firearm after 3 days please provide that information as it would certainly help lots of buyers right now.

Unless you had a long relationship with the FFL they wouldn't release the firearm.

If anyone knows an FFL that will release a firearm after 3 days please provide that information as it would certainly help lots of buyers right now.

That's how I figured it too. What were there? 20 people in the whole state maybe that were close enough to their FFLs that they'd receive a gun under that 3 day rule? Ooooo, "We're going to save lives NOW!" says the dumbascraps.

Ad to this their lack of funding, and wants for defunding law officers and the infrastructure, everyone will be waiting for a month or more for a back gound check.

I wonder if this would change when the wait goes over 30 days? At that point the FFL would need to resubmit the paperwork/background check? Is that correct? That will cost the FFL more money? At some point they might just say it's legal, let's move this stuff out?

the 3 day rule only applies to a DELAY. not 3 days from the day your background starts. I had this talk with my FFL. it can take 30 or 60 days or whatever waiting. then if you get a delay, then its 3 days from THAT day.

and like someone said above. most FFL's wont do it unless its a frequent gun buyer that the really know because if something strange happens and its denied, they have to get the gun back from the person.

I bought an HK VP9L 2 weeks ago. Count was round around 6k. took about 15 minutes. I bought a 10/22 last week and the count was around 7200. Took about 20 min for me with my conceal.

strange enough, gf bought a p365 3 weeks ago. her first gun purchase ever. no conceal carry, and it went through in about 10 minutes.

...and like someone said above. most FFL's wont do it unless its a frequent gun buyer that the really know because if something strange happens and its denied, they have to get the gun back from the person.

It's the FFL's responsibility to get the firearm back? I was under the impression they were just supposed to notify the police who would be responsible for trying to get it back.

Of course in that scenario the FFL would have to admit to the police they released it without a "delayed" status and open themselves up to that liability so either way they're unlikely to go out on that limb.

2/1/21 Washington co. provided CHL and ODL and passed instantly on my Glock stripped frame. I have a common first name but a unique last name.

Last week, two of my friends did a transaction. The buyer's ODL ID was expired so he was delayed 11 days.

My odl is expired but chl is current, last transfer i just used my chl i believe and not my odl. Can anybody confirm if that is usually the case. Dont want to have my lowers delayed lol have two to pickup tmrw. It is at a different ffl is why i ask

My odl is expired but chl is current, last transfer i just used my chl i believe and not my odl. Can anybody confirm if that is usually the case. Dont want to have my lowers delayed lol have two to pickup tmrw. It is at a different ffl is why i ask
As long as your CHL is current, then it can be used. You will be fine.

Aaand, didn't der fuhrer say it's "O-Kee-Dokee" now to drive with an expired license, because of The "Rona"?

Pro Tip - Do not even let them see your ODL. I handed mine over the counter a couple of months ago on a purchase, forgetting it was expired. Once logged, he could not back out the expired ID. I was told I needed to come back another day, which I did, ran the CHL and was instantly approved.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top