JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is something to using your CCW last week I purchased a pistol from a member here. My ODL has a change a address sticker and is getting hard to read so they asked if I have a CCW and I gave them that.

They processed my paperwork and came out and said I was 4th in line an it took less than 30min. I don't think it was luck, because I am not ever lucky.

I purchased a gun today and asked if I could use my CHL. The young guy at the Bimart counter didn't think I could and didn't think it mattered if I had my CHL. It didn't take much convincing and he agreed to ask the manager if it was ok. The manager said it was fine.

Got everything filled out and entered into the various devices (I'm not sure how using the tablet to fill out the form is making this process faster or easier). When he hit that final enter button, he said "Good news, you are #1 in the que." Much better than 3300ish that were behind me at the time. Took maybe 5 minutes to get the approval and I was on my way.

i did a transfer yesterday as well with my CHL at ticklicker. Instant approval. there were some 340k people in line. saw that back counter just stacked with guns in boxes and paperwork weighting them down

Is Tick-Licker an FFL that holds the gun on premises when a BGC takes a day or five? Or do do both parties have to return to the FFL once the buyer is cleared? A huge stack of paperwork was what I witnessed also when I was buyer at an FFL that keeps the gun in his possession during the wait time.

Background/transfer check que for the state of Oregon just hit 7000 today.....crazy 7000 people are waiting for a firearm to get into their hands.

Background/transfer check que for the state of Oregon just hit 7000 today.....crazy 7000 people are waiting for a firearm to get into their hands.
I did a transfer on the 9th and just got the call today that I can pick it up. I did another transfer Monday and I am guessing it will be February before I get the all clear on that one.

Purchased one at the beginning of the month with only my ODL, that took about two, two and half weeks. Bought one the other day with ODL and military ID that went through in minutes.

Wow, y'all really need to get your CHL. I think my fastest time was 10 minutes...as calculated by the Google maps time-line. So, probably faster and that was just a couple weeks ago.

Wow, y'all really need to get your CHL. I think my fastest time was 10 minutes...as calculated by the Google maps time-line. So, probably faster and that was just a couple weeks ago.

Is there another thread topic here...^ I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get a CHL? At least in multco?

Was cleared so quickly today I barely had time to browse the shelves at the transfer shop. Was told the line is in the low 7000's. I did use my CHL.

I was talking with an employee at Tigard Pawn today about when/if they will start excercising the three day rule. He did not have answer except to say they have to figure it out pretty quick. He said as the queue approaches 10k they won't be able to process the background checks fast enough and a 30 day rule/law will kick in. That rule/law requires the applicant to reapply for the background check if his original background hasn't been reviewed/completed with in 30 days. If that happens and FFLs are unable or unwilling to excercise the three day rule, we are going to have a royal cluster fudge going on. My suggestion is to find an FFL who will be able and willing to excercise the three day rule if it comes down to that. If you think Biden is going to throw some more manpower in to speeding up the background checks, good luck with that.

My last purchase in December was the longest wait since my first years ago when the DMV had my license info screwed up in the computer. I usually get an actual instant response, but this time we had to wait five whole minutes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top