JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All my CHL purchases during these times have not gotten me to the top of the queue. Not sure why.

Anyway, I made a purchase Friday and was at the end of the ~700 person queue, cleared the next day.

I have a friend who has been delayed for about 6 months due to missing disposition on an arrest from 20 years ago in California. Has anyone on here dealt with a situation like this? What happens if OSP can't find the disposition?

Has anyone else had the DMV claim their address didn't match their license address when clearly they've lived at the same location for five+ years? Luckily my CHL verified my location.. but still.. came out of nowhere.

I'm wondering if it's because I don't have the "new ID"

I didnt have an issue in the last few years nor all summer.. but now magically my address (on the DMV's end) doesnt match.

Has anyone else had the DMV claim their address didn't match their license address when clearly they've lived at the same location for five+ years? Luckily my CHL verified my location.. but still.. came out of nowhere.

I'm wondering if it's because I don't have the "new ID"

I didnt have an issue in the last few years nor all summer.. but now magically my address (on the DMV's end) doesnt match.
Too bad they are shutdown, otherwise you could call them to find out. LoL

I bought a Glock 19 in June and passed instantly, nobody in queue yet (early morning Saturday/Sunday). Bought 2 AR lowers a couple months later and passed instantly. Did a transfer for a ruger 22/45 a month ago or so, and again instantly passed within 5 minutes. I don't know who is looking out for me but I appreciate it. I don't have a CCL but have an apt for Marion county to get it soon. Not sure if having an unusual middle name helps.

I am one of the lucky ones, instant approval every time!, but i shot gun at cabalas a couple of days ago, the store was a made house, the guy working the counter told me, it will be a couple of days, i told him, my approval always comes back instantly, he said, "I doubt it will this time", and mid sentence, i was approved!
second time since this "over-react-demenat" has started, same story at NW armory about a month back. I am one of the lucky ones, no rhyme or reason for it, just lucky.

I still have immediate approval, and the longest I've waited was 30mins.

Honestly, I think their WIFI was slow, and they had several customers come in at once. I'm ok up to an hour, or if I need to come back in a couple, that's fine too. Going back to Eugene would have been a pain.

Honestly, I think their WIFI was slow, and they had several customers come in at once. I'm ok up to an hour, or if I need to come back in a couple, that's fine too. Going back to Eugene would have been a pain.
Yeah, my 30 minute wait was like 3 years ago, so you're probably correct.

Knowing them Ill have to go in person to get clarification. This happened recently so I havent made an attempt yet to find out why, I gotta get on that though.
I honestly prefer to go in person, those forms and exemptions get intimidating when you figure you have to mail them in before an error is recognized...

I applied Sept 28th, put on delayed list till Nov 18th and now delayed till Dec 26th. Two days ago I got a call from OSP saying the reason for the delay...waiting on California (where I lived 45 years ago) because they are not automated. Sounds like a load of crap to me.

Well after multiple instants in the last couple months, todays application shot me back to the end of the line at 840-something. Hopefully it won't be too long. That 1873 is needing to come home to live with the matching revolvers I already have.:D

I've done 4 transfers since june, 3 being instant and for some reason one took me around 2 weeks to finish after i was placed at about 2000 in queue. My most recent transfer only few days ago took me less than 5 minutes to finish with around 600 people in queue. I guess being able to count the amount of people with the same last name as me on one hand sure helps out :)

In Grants Pass, none of the three FFL's will hold your gun for a private sale. So, if I'm selling to a private party, I get paid, the buyer pays the FFL, buyer does the paperwork, might get lucky with an instant approval or might not. If the approval doesn't go through right away, then I need to take the gun back to my safe and we wait until the approval. FFL calls when it's approved, and we both meet at the FFL to transfer the gun.

Is this how it works in the rest of Oregon? Are buyers always ok with this arrangement?

In Grants Pass, none of the three FFL's will hold your gun for a private sale. So, if I'm selling to a private party, I get paid, the buyer pays the FFL, buyer does the paperwork, might get lucky with an instant approval or might not. If the approval doesn't go through right away, then I need to take the gun back to my safe and we wait until the approval. FFL calls when it's approved, and we both meet at the FFL to transfer the gun.

Is this how it works in the rest of Oregon? Are buyers always ok with this arrangement?

I would feel safer if the FFL held the firearm. Not trying to say the seller would ghost a buyer after collecting the money and walking away keeping their firearm and the cash, but there is for sure an opportunity for that to happen.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top