JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I'm happy for you but that's not me for sure ! I bought a shotgun Labor Day and it took 14 days . I think you are right about the uncommon name . I thought it was getting better at 5 days for my pistol. ‍♂️

Went in for G17 today, used my CHL, and walked out a few minutes later. First time using my CHL for a purchase since I got it and first time getting an instant approval. I have a super unique name that has never gotten me an instant approval..seems like CHL is the trick right now.

I haven't bought a long gun recently but presumably a background check is a background check. I bought a Rock Island 1911 yesterday and was # 2 in the que. So done in 5 minutes with a CHL.

FYI, all the speculation is just pure speculation. A few days back, I transferred a lower to my nephew who has never owned a firearm or a CHL and is as civilian as you can get. He was instant approved after the shop told him to expect at least an 8 day wait.

Went in for G17 today, used my CHL, and walked out a few minutes later. First time using my CHL for a purchase since I got it and first time getting an instant approval. I have a super unique name that has never gotten me an instant approval..seems like CHL is the trick right now.

Did you give them your CHL instead of your ODL, or did you give both? Curious as I'm going in Tuesday for a transfer.

Instant on Wednesday. Two middle names. I hated the hassle my whole life having to write two middle names on every form (most only have space for one), and having to correct people and explain that it isn't hyphenated, it's two different middle names... but I've only ever had instant approval. CHL nowadays.

in Oregon, does CHL help for both handgun and long gun? Or just handgun
I can't say for sure, though when I bought I rifle a few months back, I was able to bypass about 1400 people with my CHL. Granted, I only haven't been instant 1 time so..... Might not help

The craziness gets crazier.

My cousin bought a new rifle at the beginning of deer season. Or at least he attempted to. And he does possess a CHL. Of course, the background approval was delayed. At the end of October, he was still not approved. He and the FFL attempted to find out why, but they would not give him a reason.

Finally, they said it was pushed out to Dec 28th, and if he calls again he will be pushed to the end of the que.:confused:

The 2nd Amendment becomes meaningless when the police decide to hold things up on a whim, without any obligation or accountability.

Last Edited:
The 2nd Amendment becomes meaningless when the police decide to hold things up on a whim, without any obligation.
"The reason for Second Amendment and its meaning becomes apparent when government decides to hold things against us on a whim without accountability."

Sorry about your brother's delay, hopefully the FFL released his rifle to him.

picked up a rifle this weekend.
took about 8 minutes from the time he hit go on the tablet till he said "good to go"

I do have a fairly long, unique last name, and a CHL.

ymmv

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads