JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went in to pick up my own property on consignment and was told I need to do a background check get it back?? Then was told I have to wait 10 days on the check...

These background checks and the waiting are nothing more than a blatant violation of the constitution and denial of rights.

The police and any government officials who have partaken are not upholding their oath to the constitution and need to face the consequences.

The last couple I have done, I was just under 1000, and around 3000, they took 2 days and 4 days, respectively. Friday I did one and there were 4500+ waiting, I went in at #2, took maybe 5 minutes! Funny thing about the CHL deal, I transferred counties in August, still don't have my new one, so dealer said it won't make a difference since address on my ODL and old CHL don't match, well, something helped! The FFL told me that it is absolutely a broken system and that OSP can't even tell him why it does it, because sometimes non-CHL holders jump to the front of the line, and sometimes CHL holders go to the back of the line.

Is this an Oregon thing where it's taking days? I got 2 guns in Texas recently, 1 pistol 1 rifle and they took about 30 seconds.

Yes. However as folks mention in the thread it can be completely random, with some non-CHL holders getting near immediate approval/proceed.

Supposedly CHL holders are getting bumped to the front of the que again. Whereas for a big chunk of the summer they did not.

10/14/2020, Washington Co. (Beaverton) approximately 1600 hours.

Picked up a Beretta M9-22 and I cleared my BGC instantly. I forgot to give them my CHL with my ODL but I passed instantly anyway.

So far this year, I've purchased 6 or so firearms, been passing the BCG in minutes or instantly.

Was just at Tigard Pawn yesterday around 4pm for a private transfer buy. While filling out my form I ask about query number. Around 3500. I got instant approval within 10 minutes. It's the 4th instant approval since March. I'm pretty sure it's my unique name.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top