JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took my nephew out to Estacada for him to purchase a used long range rifle that was listed on this site, and within minutes, the FFL said that he was cleared and ready to go.
I was shocked, as was the FFL, as he said that he had guys waiting over a week or more.
I told my nephew that as soon as we got near an AM-PM store I'm making him buy a lotto ticket.

Saw 3 people in a row including myself start at 1/4000+ or 2/4000+ I hardly had my name signed by the time I was approved. My name will be pretty odd for 21 or older for another 15 years though then they will all probably be delayed

Completed a CBC on a B&T TP9 last Thursday, was placed in the queue. Went in today and completed CBC paperwork for an HK P30L, usEd my CCL, and got approved in about 15 minutes, walked out with the P30L. When I asked them to check on my other outstanding CBC from last Thursday for the TP9, he said I was still #1007 on the list on that one. AFTER a week in the queue.

Had I waited and done the CBC for the TP9 today, I would have walked out with it today. But because it was last Thursday before the change to CCW going to the front of the line, now I have to wait who knows how many more days after already waiting a week. And I am guessing with CCWs now going to the front of the line, that anyone placed in the queue will have to wait even longer. . . .

Good job State of Oregon, very efficient.

Update to my own post- got the call this AM that my CBC from 2 Thursday's ago had cleared and to come pick up my gun. So also 11 days, same as the above poster. Although technically my FFL isn't open Sundays, so could have cleared yesterday. But still . . .

Saturday I drove to Salem from Portland to buy an AR from a member that lives in Corvallis.
I used my CCL instead of my drivers license and it took 15 minutes to go through.

A week ago Friday I did a transfer in Lebanon at 3 pm and Saturday when he opened at 11Am he called and said I was approved. No chl

Last Edited:
Extremely common last name
Never had an instant approval
Possess current CHL
Always provided ODL as identification

At 8:00AM this morning I bought a pistol at Coastal Farm. At 8:07AM, I started the form and handed the cashier my CHL only. Cashier finished submittal around 8:15AM. She says, "you just jumped to number 1". I said, "oh yeah, where's the que?" She says, "4400". I said, "wow, never had that happen". She says, "It usually does when you apply using your CHL, happened a few times last week". Don't know if that's true or not but it's what happened and that's what she told me. Walked out with the pistol around 9:00AM.

Extremely common last name
Never had an instant approval
Possess current CHL
Always provided ODL as identification

At 8:00AM this morning I bought a pistol at Coastal Farm. At 8:07AM, I started the form and handed the cashier my CHL only. Cashier finished submittal around 8:15AM. She says, "you just jumped to number 1". I said, "oh yeah, where's the que?" She says, "4400". I said, "wow, never had that happen". She says, "It usually does when you apply using your CHL, happened a few times last week". Don't know if that's true or not but it's what happened and that's what she told me. Walked out with the pistol around 9:00AM.

My FFL told me the CHL is in the system anyway, no need to apply it every time. True? I wonder.

I'm amazed the wait times are still this long. I would have figured after the initial rush wait times would have gone down. I also figured people wouldn't be buying many guns since getting ammo is difficult.

Just adding here. Out of state Wa resident, I bought a bolt gun last week in Bend, was processed instant approval. Even the FFL was surprised considering I was out of state with no OR CHL. Not sure if the fact I have a nursing license in OR helped or not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top