JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Coming up on 220,000 background checks in Oregon for the 2020 calendar year. In 2019 we hit that on October 26th. I have no one left in the line now, so my crystal ball now goes dark.

About how many a day are they clearing?
I have not had anyone take more than 7 days. (I just added someone to the line :()

I would divide by 650 to get the number of days you are going to wait. Mornings are always slow, probably because there are donuts to murder and Sundays never see much progress so don't be surprised some days you may drop over a thousand on your way to enjoying some of your freshly purchased rights!

Yep
Yes, there's less than 10 people who share my last name that I can find, and they're all family

That works as long as the family keeps everything oke-dokie. One of my employee's brothers got himself on the no-fly list. Since my EE shares, the same middle and last name he knows to go through airport security is a solid 2hrs before any flight as he will get the full TSA Tickle in a privet room.

That works as long as the family keeps everything oke-dokie. One of my employee's brothers got himself on the no-fly list. Since my EE shares, the same middle and last name he knows to go through airport security is a solid 2hrs before any flight as he will get the full TSA Tickle in a privet room.
Dang that sucks. My father is a "prohibited possessor" and we share same middle and last name, still no issues. (Not quite on the spec as the no fly list)

I get to go stand in line in a few days. I have been put on the top a few times, but not the last 3 or 4 times I herd concealed permit didnt matter? Ill find out in a few days. Already have my ammo ordered from various online retailers, guess I have to wait awhile for the ammo any way.

Ok just left FFL 10 day wait for me but I never use that shop
Wow! Ten day wait? Sounds like Oregon has adopted Washington's draconian waiting periods, even if by default of not having sufficient personnel to process the background checks.

Seems they could afford to hire another mouse for the approval wheel... Let's see they process about 650 background checks a day at $10 a pop, that's $6,500 in background check revenue daily, sounds like there should be about 10 people doing these background checks at the OSP... That'd pay them say $65/hr for a 10 hour shift. Using rough/round numbers...

:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top