JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a fairly uncommon first and last name and wonder if the FFL didn't misspell it this time. He was pretty distracted (on a phone call for over an hour with a person whose first language was not English about a credit card payment issue) and asked me twice how to spell my last name even though he had the paperwork and copy of my DL right in front of him.
Is there any way you can confirm with him and re fill out the paper work

New names you could get for approximately $75 that will have a positive impact on your wait time in Oregon:

1. John Wayne Revolverman
2. Stuart James McRicochet
3. Michael Kyle Creedmoor

Let me know if you need consultant help, my $500 fee will pay for itself in quick approvals and the endorphin rush of retail therapy.
Maybe I need to change my name just so I can have instant approvals.

I dont think name is a factor in my state of Wa. I think it all depends on what type of firearm you are purchasing. I do not know how the laws differ in Oregon vs. Washington? Seems this conversation is mostly Oregon, and I do know the laws are different.
In Wa., shotgun is same day, usually under an hour or instant. Pistol/non semi auto rifle/other(serialized lowers) are released when your juristiction clears you. Semi auto rifle is a mandatory 10 days waiting period. Does Oregon have similar laws?

I dont think name is a factor in my state of Wa. I think it all depends on what type of firearm you are purchasing. I do not know how the laws differ in Oregon vs. Washington? Seems this conversation is mostly Oregon, and I do know the laws are different.
In Wa., shotgun is same day, usually under an hour or instant. Pistol/non semi auto rifle/other(serialized lowers) are released when your juristiction clears you. Semi auto rifle is a mandatory 10 days waiting period. Does Oregon have similar laws?
No, we dont up until the day this thread was started it was usually a few hours at the most wait time and under 30 minutes was very common. For any type of firearms shotgun, handgun, rifle. So this is new to us and not very welcome.

Just got back from my LGS and he said the wait is up to about 8 days now. My buddy bought a rifle on Thursday from him and he was like 4800 in line. As of about half hour ago, he's now 2470 in line. I dont know what it has to do with but if I were to buy something right now my BGC would be done before I'm even finished with the paperwork!!! ;):s0023:

Went in yesterday, 7/13/20, around 2PM to pick up a rifle I ordered. Was surprised to find out that I was BGC number 4,841. Said it would be 8 days! This is not ok!

Will edit post when I get a call so others can see what the current wait time is.

On a parallel tangent, Sunday I bought a shotgun at Calbelas and they didn't want any payment for the gun or background check until the back ground check clears.
I ordered a savage 22 at bi mart a couple weeks ago and got the call that it was in on Monday. Bi Mart had me pay for the rifle up front and the background check when the rifle came in and I did the paper work. I still have to wait in both cases.

I have a Maxim 9 that was just approved by the ATF. They've been taking about 45 days after approval to send stamps to dealers, so I'm going to call the dealer to see if we can do the paperwork on the pistol portion and submit into the queue now so by the time the stamp gets here, it should almost be through the line.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews