JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, bought handgun on Monday bg check at 3873, finally cleared 6 days later.
My last 6 guns were instant , reminds me of 40 years ago with 5 day wait on handguns.

They are not even trying today. The pace is roughly 30 per hour or half of a typical resolution rate. Maybe it is thousands of folks with green cards out buying these past few weeks that Oregon has to process by phone vs. dealers inputting online?

Ok, bought handgun on Monday bg check at 3873, finally cleared 6 days later.
My last 6 guns were instant , reminds me of 40 years ago with 5 day wait on handguns.
At 3:20 P.M.today, (5July), have a client awaiting operator review 1128 of 4376, NSSF Report states the FBI NICS June 2020 figure of 3,909,502, reflects an increase of 70.6 percent compared to June 2019 figure of 2,291,066, who is buying all these weapons to force increase in figures, it would appear Oregon is not only state experiencing long waiting times to clear

At 3:20 P.M.today,have a client awaiting operator review 1128 of 4376, NSSF Report states the FBI NICS June 2020 figure of 3,909,502, reflects an increase of 70.6 percent compared to June 2019 figure of 2,291,066, who is buying all these weapons to force increase in figures, it would appear Oregon is not only state experiencing long waiting times to clear

Between the initial panic of CV19 then shortly after the Riots across the nation kicked in and the cherry on top its election season. Everywhere is hit pretty hard.

Has the media picked up on all this gun buying? It should be out there so the anti's will have it in their little pea brains that gun owners have become Effin' serious, man! And know that they need to just leave us the heck alone!

Has the media picked up on all this gun buying? It should be out there so the anti's will have it in their little pea brains that gun owners have become Effin' serious, man! And know that they need to just leave us the heck alone!
They are buying guns too. That's how they kept those 6 blocks in Seattle. It would be sad to assume only the right has guns, just that the left will be more willing to give them up when they get told.

Talked to the guys at Oregon Arms and Ammunition in Hillsboro. They said list is 4600 ( I think) and wait time is about 9 days. They had maybe 10 long guns in stock but the walls looked empty. Cases were half-full or less. They had the magazines I needed though.

Talked to the guys at Oregon Arms and Ammunition in Hillsboro. They said list is 4600 ( I think) and wait time is about 9 days. They had maybe 10 long guns in stock but the walls looked empty. Cases were half-full or less. They had the magazines I needed though.

How were they on ammo?

I overheared the other day "still 4000 in queue"

On the Ammo...i cant find anything. Not even for reloading. The last thing I bought was a box of 380 for reloading 9mm.... apperantly some folks don't know that 380 is the same.

Also pretty great, they always have to "call in" for me as a non-citizen. So I am being denied the right now because they dont have their crap together?

Last Edited:
Ammo was limited. I didn't look at everything, they had a sign stating 100 round limit on 9mm. I saw 300blackout, 10mm, 22tcm (?). They had a variety but I just kind of glanced around and those 3 calibers kind of stuck out to me.

Went in there today. Seems they didn't have any mainstream handgun calibers in stock (no 9mm, .38 special, .357, or .45acp) but did seem to have .40, .38 super, .25 acp, and a few other less common ones. On the rifle front they did have ample 7.26x39 and 5.45 and a bunch of less common calibers but no .223/5.56.

Seemed to have plenty of handguns, at generally reasonable prices at that. Rifles were a lot more sparse but they did have some... mostly AR variants and a few M1A's.

There were two people buying guns at the time, one of whom was advised it may take 9 days to get the approval. Interesting times continue.

Just picked up a few oddities today at the local gunmonger. I had the blessing within two minutes of hitting enter. Out of curiosity I asked what the line was like and they said 4300 if I remember correctly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top