JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to pick up a new hunting rifle from one of our favorite folks @LuckySG .... At noon, I was 4,313..... first time in 16 years, I had to wait more then 15 mins......I'll be back in a couple days....

Last Edited:
Update started monday morning at 3873, Thursdays morning 1813.
2000 in 3 days. :mad:

Sounds about right, I had two guns mailed to my FFL for transfer and on Monday evening I was 3.9k in line. Just got an email a few minutes ago that I am at 2.2k.

Looks like Oregon found a way to implement a three plus day waiting period without voter approval.

New high water mark as Salem went off line tonight, 4489 spending the night in line.

I am seeing something either very random or odd. :rolleyes: Folks getting their backgrounds here for pistols are 9/10 walking out with their purchase vs. rifle purchases are only 3/10.

What worries me more is I seen last week we were just barely hitting 4k now we seem to be gradually floating in 4k and going up.

How high is too high? Seems like every couple hundred they clear at least another 100 over that amount comes back in line slowly adding up.

Unless you live in portland (specifically the justice center or the mayors apartment complex) the riots/protests are pretty much contained to specific cities/areas exactly. Not like its wide spread like it was when it first kicked off.

What worries me more is I seen last week we were just barely hitting 4k now we seem to be gradually floating in 4k and going up.

How high is too high? Seems like every couple hundred they clear at least another 100 over that amount comes back in line slowly adding up.

Unless you live in portland (specifically the justice center or the mayors apartment complex) the riots/protests are pretty much contained to specific cities/areas exactly. Not like its wide spread like it was when it first kicked off.
Too high is 100

Will be interesting to see what it climbs to this weekend.
86C85A6D-93EA-43C1-A3ED-0423B3C2E3D4.jpeg

Ok. At the risk of jinx'ing myself......

I have NEVER (in the last 15+ years) waited more than 3-5 minutes to clear a background check. Even since March I have made 3 in store purchases. Each background was approved before I had finished the in-store paperwork. That was after I was told that the cue was at 2000+ and to plan on a 4hr-2 day wait. In fact last week the cue was 4000+. I walked out with my pistol within ten minutes of the time I walked in. Last summer my Form 4 for my new can came back, approved, in 6 weeks! I have not had any clearances renewed since I left the Army in '91 and have just worked as a homebuilder for 20 plus years. I'm a box-stock, Joe-nobody......:s0110:
The ONLY thing that makes any sense is my last name. If I google my name, only 5 hits come back in Oregon. Me, my wife, and my 3 grownup-ish kids. So that may have something to do with it. ;)
Here is a question. Are the folks getting "instant" approvals NOT registered as Republican?
or put another way. Are any folks registered as Republican, getting instant approvals?

Please no bashing. It would be interesting to find out if there was a political component....
always instant approval, Republican, Unique name, CHL, no SS#

Question (particularly for those in the business of selling)... who is buying all these guns? Is it largely first-time buyers still?

One would think after a little while everyone willing to make the decision to buy a gun will have and then it goes back to normal.

I have seen more first time gun buyers than ever before.
I would say 75% are first time buyers.

Question (particularly for those in the business of selling)... who is buying all these guns? Is it largely first-time buyers still?

One would think after a little while everyone willing to make the decision to buy a gun will have and then it goes back to normal.

Let this sink in, by transactions we (Oregon) have passed where we were on 11/15/2019 today. Half way through the year and going strong! And slow to approve...

@raftman I am sending new buyers that call for help to bigger shops so they have more things (hopefully) to determine what fits them better. I am getting hunting rifles now more than anything else.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top