JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The word on the street is that wait times are entirely based on your name. If you share a name with multiple people on the state your wait times will be longer. My name has an uncommon spelling as I appear to be the only one in my state with that spelling so my wait time yesterday was about 2 minutes. There supposedly were around 8,000 people in the queue at the time. I can't confirm the actual numbers but it is largely irrelevant.

I share a name with my dad, other than that it's pretty unusual. He's a law abiding citizen as am I, but I don't know if that matters so much.

I think it's safe to say it comes down to the following.. Unique name, using your SSN, and squeaky clean record. Also having military or LE background would be another factor. although some people may have a name that is so unique, that they may not even need to use their SSN.

if you get instant approval, and do NOT have a unique name, no military or LE, and don't put your SSN. Then I have no clue and I give up

just made a rifle sale earlier today round 200pm...buyer drove on over from Deer Island to meet at Cut Above.I warned him as we were walking in that itll probably be at least 5 days till he can take the rifle home but at least get paperwork started.He mentioned he hadnt bought a gun in the past 5 years and has a conceal permit..Tom got him entered in the system and as soon as Tom walked away from the computer i saw him flinch and look back at the computer.My buyer got instant approval..in and out with cash in hand and the buyer with my rifle in less that 20min.
I wonder if also not buying guns within a big span of time also helps in the buyers getting instant approval...Also when i left the QUE was at 4100!!!!!!!!!

Did the paperwork on a gun I won at GSSF that came into the local shop last Thursday. CHL, SSN, and I was still 3800+ on the wait list.
No big deal--it took Glock about 5 months to get it to me.

just made a rifle sale earlier today round 200pm...buyer drove on over from Deer Island to meet at Cut Above.I warned him as we were walking in that itll probably be at least 5 days till he can take the rifle home but at least get paperwork started.He mentioned he hadnt bought a gun in the past 5 years and has a conceal permit..Tom got him entered in the system and as soon as Tom walked away from the computer i saw him flinch and look back at the computer.My buyer got instant approval..in and out with cash in hand and the buyer with my rifle in less that 20min.
I wonder if also not buying guns within a big span of time also helps in the buyers getting instant approval...Also when i left the QUE was at 4100!!!!!!!!!

Did you use your CHL as ID or ODL?

I suspect if when your check is sent, if one of the checkers just happens to be in between or open it goes to them, if not then to the end of the queue for you.

Still waiting :(

Here is a question. Are the folks getting "instant" approvals NOT registered as Republican?
or put another way. Are any folks registered as Republican, getting instant approvals?

Please no bashing. It would be interesting to find out if there was a political component....

correction. Not trying to be a d**k here but wanted to make a correction so that we all have the correct information.
For PTP or person to person transfers at an FFL currently, it's different depending which one you go to as far is if the hold the firearm or not..
Last week I sold a firearm to another person and we used Fisherman's Marine in Tigard as the FFL. They would NOT hold the firearm. The seller takes it back home with them, until the buyer gets the call for cleared bgc and you meet once again at the FFL to exchange the firearm and do one last signature.
Just an FYI!

This is what happened to me as well at A Cut Above Pawn... this was before the riot panic and I was in 300ish place.

Here is a question. Are the folks getting "instant" approvals NOT registered as Republican?
or put another way. Are any folks registered as Republican, getting instant approvals?

Please no bashing. It would be interesting to find out if there was a political component....

I am a registered R and I was instant approved 2 weeks ago. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with it.

Things will calm down when all the guns are gone. Then you'll only be waiting for the various trade to go through. So we've got that going for us.

Registered R. Instant approval last week.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top