JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does this work for private transfers? If you are both meeting at an FFL and the purchase is delayed do you leave the gun with the FFL or take it back home with you and meet again when the transfer is approved?

How does this work for private transfers? If you are both meeting at an FFL and the purchase is delayed do you leave the gun with the FFL or take it back home with you and meet again when the transfer is approved?
The item will stay with the FFL. That's why many places aren't doing P2P transfers right now. They are running out of safe space.

Ok. At the risk of jinx'ing myself......

I have NEVER (in the last 15+ years) waited more than 3-5 minutes to clear a background check. Even since March I have made 3 in store purchases. Each background was approved before I had finished the in-store paperwork. That was after I was told that the cue was at 2000+ and to plan on a 4hr-2 day wait. In fact last week the cue was 4000+. I walked out with my pistol within ten minutes of the time I walked in. Last summer my Form 4 for my new can came back, approved, in 6 weeks! I have not had any clearances renewed since I left the Army in '91 and have just worked as a homebuilder for 20 plus years. I'm a box-stock, Joe-nobody......:s0110:
The ONLY thing that makes any sense is my last name. If I google my name, only 5 hits come back in Oregon. Me, my wife, and my 3 grownup-ish kids. So that may have something to do with it. ;)

Seems they have Stevie Wonder doing bgc by brail.
Started one wed at 3861, sat morning i was 1669 about to call and see where Im at today.
Edit im 208 so hopefully toaday!

Last Edited:
correction. Not trying to be a d**k here but wanted to make a correction so that we all have the correct information.
For PTP or person to person transfers at an FFL currently, it's different depending which one you go to as far is if the hold the firearm or not..
Last week I sold a firearm to another person and we used Fisherman's Marine in Tigard as the FFL. They would NOT hold the firearm. The seller takes it back home with them, until the buyer gets the call for cleared bgc and you meet once again at the FFL to exchange the firearm and do one last signature.
Just an FYI!

Another thing, let's say we DO have thousands upon thousands of brand spanking new-to-guns buyers? How many of them will vote for the only presidential candidate out of the TWO who WON'T allow your 2nd Amendments right to be crushed?

And which one is that? (bump stock)

Ok. At the risk of jinx'ing myself......

I have NEVER (in the last 15+ years) waited more than 3-5 minutes to clear a background check. Even since March I have made 3 in store purchases. Each background was approved before I had finished the in-store paperwork. That was after I was told that the cue was at 2000+ and to plan on a 4hr-2 day wait. In fact last week the cue was 4000+. I walked out with my pistol within ten minutes of the time I walked in. Last summer my Form 4 for my new can came back, approved, in 6 weeks! I have not had any clearances renewed since I left the Army in '91 and have just worked as a homebuilder for 20 plus years. I'm a box-stock, Joe-nobody......:s0110:
The ONLY thing that makes any sense is my last name. If I google my name, only 5 hits come back in Oregon. Me, my wife, and my 3 grownup-ish kids. So that may have something to do with it. ;)
It does my last name is really wierd and I always get instant

The word on the street is that wait times are entirely based on your name. If you share a name with multiple people on the state your wait times will be longer. My name has an uncommon spelling as I appear to be the only one in my state with that spelling so my wait time yesterday was about 2 minutes. There supposedly were around 8,000 people in the queue at the time. I can't confirm the actual numbers but it is largely irrelevant.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top