JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just did my 3rd transfer since mid February. 1st time instant. 2nd time told probably 2 hour wait, then it went through instantly. 3rd time today was told probably tomorrow, then went through instantly.

I guess I am the golden child or something like that......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Just did my 3rd transfer since mid February. 1st time instant. 2nd time told probably 2 hour wait, then it went through instantly. 3rd time today was told probably tomorrow, then went through instantly.

I guess I am the golden child or something like that......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....
Did you use this "song"?

"I I I. I waaaaaaaant the gun"o_O

I think it was "Big Gun" by AC/DC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

I have one, but I doubt having a CHL helps with anything.

I'm thinking if you made a recent purchase that might bump you ahead since you recently been cleared. I was on purchase #8 within the last 8 months when I made another on Saturday and got cleared in under 15 minutes when others are still taking longer.

Ok did an Oregon transfer for a long gun at Tigard pawn just now. I have my CHL, I am a regular purchaser, I don't have law enforcement or military background. I included my social and was informed I am number 697. They told me it's been getting better and that I should expect a call tomorrow. I'll let you all know when I get the call.
Ok update... I went and picked up my rifle today... Originally they called me and told me it was ready a little less then 24 hours after I did the BGC... but today I asked them if they could look and see what time it was approved... Turns out it only took 20 mins :mad::mad::mad:... Could have avoided a second trip... O well

Not true. I saw people going in the shops both experienced and not experienced. I'm not experienced and I never owned a gun before but before the only ten people can be the same place thing, I took a basic handgun course so I've got a bit of confidence in handling my handgun, the shotgun well not 100% but if someone gets into my house I know how to hold it properly and aim. I've shot some guns before so I'll probably be ok. My experience is tbat it was 70% experienced gun owners and 30% inexperienced like me. Don't slam down on us all, we want to protect our families too and I'm a single mom with 3 kids and I just moved back to the USA summer last year and thought I'd have more time to take classes and find the right guns but got rushed by the craziness of CV19. I didn't take all the ammo nor the TP. Anyway, the newbie gun owners are just trying to be safe in the craziness so give us a break ok?
[/QUOTE

If you empty your shotty and put the shells in another room .could safley practice function ,racking , safety function aim ect , . Can get some of those fake shells for better effect when possible.
Im always on my sister, she is a newby and took A good class at a range in vancouver that she felt good about . Someone was dogging her to get a gun before I1639 went into effect and made it more difficult.

Last Edited:
Ive had the background check take 10 mins one day and about 7 hours ,on another .when the anti get a new check from bloomberg and start spreading lies , there looks to be more activity :rolleyes:

I went in on Saturday to make a trade with another member, and was told that they were averaging two to three days. Mine went through instantly, and he is still waiting for his as of this morning. The clerk told me that he noticed that a CHL didn't make much difference, but if you don't put you Social Security number on the form, that it will take way longer.

Was instant approved today, but I have done other recent purchases and might be on the cleared list already. Clerk said most wait times are still running a few hours though, and there was still a line of people queuing up to buy.

I was in Sunset Firearms today dropping of a few firearms for them to sell on consignment. A guy came in right after me to pick up a rifle he had purchased online. Gordon helped us both simultaneously and he had the guy out of there in 20 minutes. The queue was only 7 when the customer was entered in the system. I am not sure if people have stopped panicking or if the LGSs have run out of good firearms to sell. I am hoping the firearms I dropped off sell quick.

Does the gun shop have to retain custody of the firearm until the transfer is approved? Or do both parties have to make two trips?
Gun shop holds it. As a seller you are not obligated by law to come back and pick up the firearm if buyer fails to pass bg check. I was talking to Tigard Pawn about what would happen to the firearm if buyer failed bg check and the seller didn't come back in to pick it up. She said their policy is after 30 days they keep the firearm.

Ethically you should try to resolve the issue with the buyer. I was selling a firearm to a first time gun owner. Tigard Pawn said they would charge me the full $25 fee to pick up the firearm if the buyer failed the bg check. I told the buyer if he didn't pass the bg check and I had to pick the firearm back up, that I would return his money minus the $25 fee that I'd have to pay. That means the buyer would be out $50 if he failed to pass bg check. I am not sure how other LGSs deal with the charges if seller has to pick firearm back up.

Last Edited:
No more long queue as of this morning around 10:30. Back to normal for now it seems, we'll see once the weekend hits and presumably a lot of online orders are picked up.

Highest I saw today was 200, nothing like the week of March 16th, I remember plugging a handful in and seeing 3500 out of 3500 and I was speechless as to what to tell the customer lol. After that one it was all pretty normal until today when I was like '"itll be an hour or two, go get lunch" versus call you in 3-5 days.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top