JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was told by a guy shop in Albany that the wait time on background checks are running between 6 to 8 hours because of panic buying. Can anyone confirm this.
BiMart near me have delays when the applicant refuses to note their SS# on the form.

I was told by a guy shop in Albany that the wait time on background checks are running between 6 to 8 hours because of panic buying. Can anyone confirm this.
I can confirm I work in a gunstore(Cabelas). Not only that but it is getting worse, started getting bad about the 13th, the past few days we have been telling people that they are more than likely not leaving the store with the firearm. Then there is the whole ammo craze, yesterday we got a big shipment of ammo all the 9mm,.40 S&W, .45 acp, .357 magnum, 10mm, .223,5.56, 7.62x39and .38 special are all gone and it only took a few hours because people were waiting outside the store til we opened to buy ammo.

Before I left today the NICS que was in the 700's, even on black friday or gunshow days I've only seen it get to a maximum of 185. Which is all run through OSP, in other words this effects the whole state.(Oregon State Police)

Last Edited:
I
I can confirm I work in a gunstore(Cabelas). Not only that but it is getting worse, started getting bad about the 13th, the past few days we have been telling people that they are more than likely not leaving the store with the firearm. Then there is the whole ammo craze, yesterday we got a big shipment of ammo all the 9mm,.40 S&W, .45 acp, .357 magnum, 10mm, .223,5.56, 7.62x39and .38 special are all gone and it only took a few hours because people were waiting outside the store til we opened to buy ammo.
Not this crap again.

Not this crap again

I purchased a handgun from a fellow forum member this past Saturday. We met at Money Market Pawn on Powell in the afternoon. When we got there and I started filling out paperwork, we were told it could be 2 hours or more. The clerk entered my info in the computer, and it came back good to go immediately. I had not even done the fingerprints yet.

Same thing approximately 3 weeks ago at Tigard Pawn, told 2+ hour possible wait, went through instantly.

My own recent experience. 2 purchases, 2 instant BGC, out the door in 10 minutes or less.

Now buying ammo, well that is a different story at the moment........
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

I wouldn't mind the wait but I live south of Rosenberg. The other party is in Portland. We chose Albany to meet. I dont want chance a second trip or an overnight stay.

I just read an article about liberals in California trying to buy firearms on line from out of state stores. When they are refused they are amazed to learn the anti gun left has been lying to them as to how easy it is to buy firearms....... maybe there's a silver lining to all of this after all.

Once a year I do an ammo count and usually end up thinking "I'm one of them crazies!" You know, anyone who has a cache of more than 200 rounds (thank you media).
Went and purchased ammo yesterday 'for a friend' and was limited to only 3 boxes of 9mm (150 rds). Was also $4 more per box than it was a month ago. (At least 20+ people in the small store)

Bought a lower yesterday. I was #177 out of 325. Got through it 90 minutes later! at that time there were 393 in line!

My friend tried to buy a firearm yesterday and was told that she is number six-hundred and something in line for a OSP background check. "We'll call you with the results tomorrow" they said.

I got caught during the dark days of Obama when you couldn't find powder or primers. I rectified that problem . I no longer go to the gravel pit and blow off a 100+ reloads on the weekend. It's a shame we have to live with this in the back of our minds.

Gun shops are hammered by liberals buying guns. You can tell because they can't tell which end the bullets come out, the type of things being bought and the buying is not happening here yet. A few more days gun shop inventories will be depleted and prices will start increasing like the Obummer panics. The difference is demand is 10x larger.

The only good thing that may come out of this is more widespread 2A support because people have realized the government can only do so much to protect us.

I doubt its only anti-gun people who suddenly saw the light who are panic-buying guns. Not necessarily people with no gun experience either. My guess is its mostly people who do have some gun experience, but no gun. Someone should do an exit poll.

Whoever it is, it ain't us. At least not for the guns. Though a surprising number of NWFAers dont seem to think they have enough ammo or reloading components. Though that may be 'cause some of us think no amount of ammo or components is enough.

It took me 5-10 mins 5 days ago to get my shotgun and after that when I got my 380 s&w it was fine. If a bunch of people all buying at the same time it's probably longer.

Gun shops are hammered by liberals buying guns. You can tell because they can't tell which end the bullets come out, the type of things being bought and the buying is not happening here yet. A few more days gun shop inventories will be depleted and prices will start increasing like the Obummer panics. The difference is demand is 10x larger.

The only good thing that may come out of this is more widespread 2A support because people have realized the government can only do so much to protect us.
The best part is that they will support 2A now when they were against it before. Stock will be replenished eventually due to demand unless this turns into The After.

I doubt its only anti-gun people who suddenly saw the light who are panic-buying guns. Not necessarily people with no gun experience either. My guess is its mostly people who do have some gun experience, but no gun. Someone should do an exit poll.

Whoever it is, it ain't us. At least not for the guns. Though a surprising number of NWFAers dont seem to think they have enough ammo or reloading components. Though that may be 'cause some of us think no amount of ammo or components is enough.

Not true. I saw people going in the shops both experienced and not experienced. I'm not experienced and I never owned a gun before but before the only ten people can be the same place thing, I took a basic handgun course so I've got a bit of confidence in handling my handgun, the shotgun well not 100% but if someone gets into my house I know how to hold it properly and aim. I've shot some guns before so I'll probably be ok. My experience is tbat it was 70% experienced gun owners and 30% inexperienced like me. Don't slam down on us all, we want to protect our families too and I'm a single mom with 3 kids and I just moved back to the USA summer last year and thought I'd have more time to take classes and find the right guns but got rushed by the craziness of CV19. I didn't take all the ammo nor the TP. Anyway, the newbie gun owners are just trying to be safe in the craziness so give us a break ok?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top