JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if an oregon resident buys in Washington is it an instant clear like normal because they use a different check system, I'm tried of waiting these days
I'm pretty sure ever since the demacraps passed their latest anti firearm bill, you have a 10 day (min?) waiting period for anything semi-auto. Handgun AND rifle.

ya never put your SSN on an application that just sits in some guys file cabinet, yikes people!
If you don't trust your FFL with your personal info I wouldn't shop there. Plus, if someone wanted your info it's all on the internet.

Sportsman's does theirs on a tablet so there is no physical paperwork, I like that system.

If you don't trust your FFL with your personal info I wouldn't shop there. Plus, if someone wanted your info it's all on the internet.

Sportsman's does theirs on a tablet so there is no physical paperwork, I like that system.
I don't trust anyone with my personal info. I only submit it as needed. And I definitely don't put my SSN out there unless absolutely required, IRS, employer, loans, credit. Any company website can be hacked.

As of opening today the queue is currently at 3,819 people.
The two Approvals that popped up this morning were submitted on 11/4, so we're seeing a roughly 13 day turnaround.

As a lot of people have mentioned in this thread CHLs are supposed to act as a fast pass, I will note that for whatever reason (I think it's a software bug / glitch with the FICS website maybe?) occasionally we will have CHL holders still go into the queue, which is incredibly frustrating.

Have to wonder who are the people buying anymore and keeping the queue so high. I'd think by now all the panic buying should be done with.

Last Edited:
the best part about the whole thing is the law states you cannot hold a gun for more than 3 business days(oregon) but all ffl's just hold it the whole duration. the atf suggests holding it the duration but the actual law is 72 hours. I've only had 1 ffl who knew the law in the last 2 years that released it before the time period

the best part about the whole thing is the law states you cannot hold a gun for more than 3 business days(oregon) but all ffl's just hold it the whole duration. the atf suggests holding it the duration but the actual law is 72 hours. I've only had 1 ffl who knew the law in the last 2 years that released it before the time period
Most are aware of this. The FFL still has the discretion to hold it for the duration and virtually all do.

Most are aware of this. The FFL still has the discretion to hold it for the duration and virtually all do.
From what I'd heard their most common interpretation is they get 72 hours from when the reviewers review and return a status of "delayed" rather than 72 hours from when you submit your info for review.

From what I'd heard their most common interpretation is they get 72 hours from when the reviewers review and return a status of "delayed" rather than 72 hours from when you submit your info for review.
I've always understood that the 3 day thing was to keep the bureaucrats on their toes allowing The People to exercise their Second amendment rights without issue. To make sure access to fire arms was not allowed to slow up, diminish or be unnecessarily delayed. So my take is that the state has cut services pretty much everywhere. Accept giving people money for not working and pet construction projects of course. And back ground checks have ground to a "Cold Tar" pace. On PURPOSE, is my take on it! At least they still consider those of us with concealed carry permits to be worthy. I've got a hunch OSP doesn't like this any more than we do.

If I were an FFL? No way in HELL would I release a gun to anyone I hadn't known personally for many, many years. People have gone to crap in the last 10 years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top