JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've said this before but it bears repeating, it depends on where the BGC originates and how competent the person submitting the form is. Why do I say this? My own gun purchase's for the last 18 months are a perfect record of pawn shops needing 1-2 weeks for approval. Legit gun stores with competent employees have always gotten me approved in minutes. Could be reasons I don't know like the gun being the reason for the delay. I do not have a CCL or any credentials that might tend to expedite my purchase. I don't use my SSN. My opinion is based on about 10 gun purchases in the last 18 months. Just my 2 cents.

Lesson learned. I have a CHL but didn't realize it would bump me to the head of the line. Had a 15 minute wait without it on another sale earlier this year. I'll definitely be presenting my CHL from now on. Good thing I paid for 2 day shipping so that I could wait for 3 weeks, lol.

Lesson learned. I have a CHL but didn't realize it would bump me to the head of the line. Had a 15 minute wait without it on another sale earlier this year. I'll definitely be presenting my CHL from now on. Good thing I paid for 2 day shipping so that I could wait for 3 weeks, lol.

The CHL probably helps, but it didn't on a purchase I had ordered and sent to my FFL. He entered my info with the CHL minus my SS number and it took 3 weeks for it to clear (cleared this last weekend). During this time I had two more sent there and we used my SS number and DL and it was damn near instant (jumped to number 1 in the queue of 4k @ the time) and out in 10 mins. They seem to clear about ~200 or so per day in their backlog that keeps hovering in the 3-5k range.

The CHL probably helps, but it didn't on a purchase I had ordered and sent to my FFL. He entered my info with the CHL minus my SS number and it took 3 weeks for it to clear (cleared this last weekend). During this time I had two more sent there and we used my SS number and DL and it was damn near instant (jumped to number 1 in the queue of 4k @ the time) and out in 10 mins. They seem to clear about ~200 or so per day in their backlog that keeps hovering in the 3-5k range.
I have been wondering if the SSN makes a difference. I have clear 10 BGCs this year, as an average citizen without a CHL, just moved to Oregon from CA, and I got approvals in less than 5 minutes on a few of them, others all cleared within 10-15 minutes. I do put my SSN every time. I have asked twice on this forum some where if others put there SSN and no one would ever answer. Now I'm really starting to think that's the difference.

I now have a CHL, I literally just got it yesterday in the mail. But I don't think I will be buying any more guns this year. My safes are all full now.

I've said this before but it bears repeating, it depends on where the BGC originates and how competent the person submitting the form is. Why do I say this? My own gun purchase's for the last 18 months are a perfect record of pawn shops needing 1-2 weeks for approval. Legit gun stores with competent employees have always gotten me approved in minutes. Could be reasons I don't know like the gun being the reason for the delay. I do not have a CCL or any credentials that might tend to expedite my purchase. I don't use my SSN. My opinion is based on about 10 gun purchases in the last 18 months. Just my 2 cents.
Have you gotten instant (same day) approval with out using your SSN?

I put my SSAN on the form every time, Not worried about that. Big brother has so many ways to gum up the works or spy on me. I put my address down every time too, they know where I live!

I don't put my SSN on the form because it was guaranteed "not to be used as a national identification number" (still have an OLD SS card that says that on the front) and because the damn SSN is a key part of identity theft. Papers just sitting on a desk in some damn office with all needed info to F up your credit.

You don't present your CHL during the purchase, just your DL. If you have one the people doing the check will see it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top