JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been a while since anyone's updated here and I'm curious how it's going as far as whether panic buying seems to be going down. I received an instant approval last week but as a CHL holder I have been getting instant approvals without fail for nearly a year now. I thought I overheard another customer being told it would be about a week, though.

Been a while since anyone's updated here and I'm curious how it's going as far as whether panic buying seems to be going down. I received an instant approval last week but as a CHL holder I have been getting instant approvals without fail for nearly a year now. I thought I overheard another customer being told it would be about a week, though.
I am also interested in current wait time for those without CHL.

Get a CHL. You will be approved before you finish filling out the 4473.
Except it may take a person six months or more for the CHL. Depending on when county you live in. Just sayin'

It's been about nine months since I had a back ground check. The last place I went took both my DL and CHL. I was okay'd in just a few minutes. This was at Money Market Pawn on SE Powell in pdx. It might pay to inquire at the FFL as to their method of entering buyer ID? Are there two places to enter ID, or only one?

I've never given any FFL my CHL license, only my drivers license. Never had a problem. YMMV
I am pretty sure they can cross-reference. A few months ago I made a purchase from an FFL that refused to take a CHL as ID and insisted on a driver's license, but approval was instantaneous anyways.

I am pretty sure they can cross-reference. A few months ago I made a purchase from an FFL that refused to take a CHL as ID and insisted on a driver's license, but approval was instantaneous anyways.
I've figured when the OSP puts in you info your CHL comes up. And you get the go-ahead.

About a half an hour at most for the BCG on Wednesday in Grants Pass with my CHL. There were 1708 in line.
It took you a half hour to buy a BCG, It must have been a great deal to spend that long in line at the checkout.I just buy mine on line......... :p

Went to my FFL Friday morning last week to pick up my USP Elite....literally took less than 2 minutes for my background check to come back after the guy entered my info....i have HAD a concealed license before, but it lapsed maybe 10 years ago?

I moved to Portland in January and have basically bought a new gun every month since I moved here, every time I walked out of the store with the gun that day, immediate approval each time. No CHL (yet. My apt with the sheriff is next month). Not sure why some get flagged and some don't. It felt like I was breaking the law the first few times, moving here from California. So I know what it's like to wait for a gun and it sucks.

I moved to Portland in January and have basically bought a new gun every month since I moved here, every time I walked out of the store with the gun that day, immediate approval each time. No CHL (yet. My apt with the sheriff is next month). Not sure why some get flagged and some don't. It felt like I was breaking the law the first few times, moving here from California. So I know what it's like to wait for a gun and it sucks.
Feel like you're breaking the law. I bet you did! I say that feeling is a form of PTSD. Gives me the shivers just thinking about living in California. I imagine there are still some great places, out way away from the cities. But you still have the repressive laws you have to follow if you don't want to risk hell-to-pay.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top