JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The regular gal I talk to most weeks at 122nd & Halsey BiMart is telling me people WITH CCL are being held back the same as those without the CCL. I Don't know if it's true. No one yet has claimed a 2-3 week wait using the CPL for ID.
?

The regular gal I talk to most weeks at 122nd & Halsey BiMart is telling me people WITH CCL are being held back the same as those without the CCL. I Don't know if it's true. No one yet has claimed a 2-3 week wait using the CPL for ID.
?
I was thrown into the que last month with a chl

?
It happens from time to time.Usually an instant approval, but the single shot .22 I bought for my daughters to learn on, 2 week wait. The bolt action rifle I bought, 3 week wait. Instant approval maybe 75% of the time. Pretty much just getting the odd lever gun these days.

I did a bgc a week ago Friday and was done in fifteen or twenty minutes. I do have a JoCo cpl.
Is that the same as a Oregon Concealed Handgun License issued in Josephine County?

JoCo just thru my little brain in a Tizzy, I had to use all my fingers and toes, and even crossed my ankles to figure it out? Almost got a temperature overload.

Purchased nice Sig P226 from a Pawn Shop. I've got a two week wait. This happens to me every time I buy at The Pawn Shop on Silverton Rd. in Salem, also at the Capital Pawn in Albany. Those are the ONLY two places where I've had to wait. All 8 of my other gun purchases have been instant approvals in the last year. It's the store, the employee's knowledge, or store attitude. My conclusions are not scientific but are truthful accurate. The system sucks.

Purchased nice Sig P226 from a Pawn Shop. I've got a two week wait. This happens to me every time I buy at The Pawn Shop on Silverton Rd. in Salem, also at the Capital Pawn in Albany. Those are the ONLY two places where I've had to wait. All 8 of my other gun purchases have been instant approvals in the last year. It's the store, the employee's knowledge, or store attitude. My conclusions are not scientific but are truthful accurate. The system sucks.
Do you ever get a reason why? I had same thing happen to me at only one place as well. I never found out. I asked if i could have made a mistake filling out the paperwork and i forgot to ask when i finally picked up my guns

I think the system in somewhat arbitrary. It must be, how else to explain delays in both the system and individual delays? My thoughts? Some FFL holders may be a "list" and that delays most of their applications for approval. AGAIN, not scientific but that's been my experience. I strongly believe most delays are needless, but I guess that $10 fee has to do something. It sure doesn't pay for more background check help.

?

I think the system in somewhat arbitrary. It must be, how else to explain delays in both the system and individual delays? My thoughts? Some FFL holders may be a "list" and that delays most of their applications for approval. AGAIN, not scientific but that's been my experience. I strongly believe most delays are needless, but I guess that $10 fee has to do something. It sure doesn't pay for more background check help.

"Conspiracy Theory" time!
I wouldn't put it past der fuhrer k8, and her minions, to send a discrete message to The Oregon State Police to QUIT giving CCL holders a quick pass on background checks. k8 just installed the head of The Oregon State police last fall.

I have no doubt OSP is intentionally delaying firearm background checks.

Non firearm LEDS/CJIS background checks are flowing through the system as normal, unlike last year, when the first rush happened, non firearm backgrounds were taking 4+ weeks, but now they are running normal.

We are not seeing panic sales anymore, and firearm sales have normalized for the most part. There is no reason for the delays on firearm background check, other than OSP is purposely slowing checks to force a waiting period.

I have no doubt OSP is intentionally delaying firearm background checks.

There is no reason for the delays on firearm background check, other than OSP is purposely slowing checks to force a waiting period.
Do you have evidence that would support this claim? It IS a possibility and it's fine to speculate, but without evidence we can't know for certain.

I've been keeping track of OSP's daily average processing since my application went in and it has been declining. Week of 4/26 they were processing just under an average of 437 checks from the queue per day. From 4/30 to 5/4 they processed an average of 342 per day.

If OSP's FICS 2020 overview presentation is to be believed, we are likely seeing a decline in the rate due to people either quitting or FICS unit employees training new staff.

Here's the thing for myself my new purchases are to add to a collection meaning I physically can wait for another one. Doesn't mean I want to wait. Doesn't mean I enjoy or am okay with the wait. Just means that since my freedom is being taken away I'll ride the wave that we are useto when panic strikes.

Do you have evidence that would support this claim? It IS a possibility and it's fine to speculate, but without evidence we can't know for certain.

I've been keeping track of OSP's daily average processing since my application went in and it has been declining. Week of 4/26 they were processing just under an average of 437 checks from the queue per day. From 4/30 to 5/4 they processed an average of 342 per day.

If OSP's FICS 2020 overview presentation is to be believed, we are likely seeing a decline in the rate due to people either quitting or FICS unit employees training new staff.
That seems low.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads