JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reading the posts on this thread has become completely moot if posters aren't stating whether they do or don't have a concealed carry permit. And IF, the FFL asks, and enters, the CCP on the form, or not. Last background check I had the FFL wanted my CCP AND my drivers license. That tells me the FFL possibly has somewhere to enter a CCP info.

Other day I filled out a 4473 for the 1885 Winchester repop I am buying. ODL number, CHL number, and my social with being the only person in the USA with my name and after standing around for a half hour the dealer tells me I am delayed resolved by mid Feb! Never taken longer then a few hours before. And most less then 10 mins

Call OSP and ask them what caused the delay. The will tell you and then you can try and resolve the issue that's holding the BGC up.

Frankly, other than 9mm 1911s and cz75ds (there is a 1911 I have my eye on in the classifieds) I have had no problem finding firearms. Ammo, yes. Reloading supplies, yes. Holsters even, yes. Gunsmithing tools, oddly, yes.
Not guns, though.

I tried that right after the delay the message said they were busy and would get back to me LOL. I'll try again this coming week.

That's the way OSP responded back 10 years ago when Wifey got a delay on her first gun purchase. Call, get the message, leave you number. Wait. They get back to you in a day or three. These times are different than 10 years ago though.

"Limbo" isn't just a dance.

Reading the posts on this thread has become completely moot if posters aren't stating whether they do or don't have a concealed carry permit. And IF, the FFL asks, and enters, the CCP on the form, or not. Last background check I had the FFL wanted my CCP AND my drivers license. That tells me the FFL possibly has somewhere to enter a CCP info.
I have never provided my CHL, yet all my approvals for years have always been within minutes. So no it's probably not that. It's still a mystery, but I'm not complaining. :cool:

Same place as the driver's license, Line 26a.

( for those that have never read the complete form )

"26.a. Identification (e.g., Virginia driver's license (VA DL) or other valid government-issued photo identification including military ID. "

Okay...I suppose the FFL could put both IDs in the same space? There's room. And whoever is doing the check, taking the info filled out by the buyer as truth, see's CCP and figure this buyer is Good-To-go!? I don't know, there's got to be some explanation for why people get approved almost instantly?

I have never provided my CHL, yet all my approvals for years have always been within minutes. So no it's probably not that. It's still a mystery, but I'm not complaining. :cool:

So you've had a couple/three buys since the run-on-guns started this year? Maybe they look at records and see that you have the CCP? And that's good enough for their poor over worked souls. :cool: And they give you the official O-Kee-Dokey!

"26.a. Identification (e.g., Virginia driver's license (VA DL) or other valid government-issued photo identification including military ID. "

I have been wondering about this myself lately. I keep hearing that CHL holders go right to the front of the line but I have never given my CHL as ID.

Are the all you CHL holders giving your CHL as ID when you buy a gun?

Okay...I suppose the FFL could put both IDs in the same space? There's room. And whoever is doing the check, taking the info filled out by the buyer as truth, see's CCP and figure this buyer is Good-To-go!? I don't know, there's got to be some explanation for why people get approved almost instantly?
I have been wondering about this myself lately. I keep hearing that CHL holders go right to the front of the line but I have never given my CHL as ID.

Are the all you CHL holders giving your CHL as ID when you buy a gun?

In Oregon, CHL is tied to drivers license.

There was an issue with the tie in software/computer stuff over the summer amidst "the run". So no CHL holders got bumped in the pending line.

Said problem has been fixed.

In Oregon, CHL is tied to drivers license.

There was an issue with the tie in software/computer stuff over the summer amidst "the run". So no CHL holders got bumped in the pending line.

Correct.

Be aware that the State of Oregon's computer systems are subject to ....ummmm....issues......at any time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top