JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have dropped body bags. The really dead ones sometimes kinda don't behave like a normal dead body but instead splat. Sometimes the maggots and bloating causes the stiff to wiggle and make loud belching and bubbling sounds. Do I need to mention the stink? Part of the job. Fire department.

Yikes! Yuck! Barf! Have I mentioned the shotgun to the head suicide? Our Engineer, (engine crew) placed his lower leg on his knee and used his folder knife to pick skull fragments out of the sole of his boot while the rest of us were eating our diner. He tossed them on the table for our viewing. Yep. Hair attached.

Long ago far away. We saw or handled dead human bodies about once every other shift. Five times a month. Easier in winter. Harder in summer. Making sure the gurney is secured to the brackets inside the meat wagon is necessary, along with making sure the rear doors are properly closed. Part of the job.

Reminds me of an old joke. It can be really long but here's the short version.

Coffin flies out of a hearse and by chance rolls through a drug store. Pharmacist says "What's going on?"

The undertaker says, "I'll tell ya later doc, but first give me something to stop my coffin."

:s0113:

Side track a little, but I had a friend who used to work at a morgue.
He was telling us around a campfire that he was doing a creamation on a guy and sometimes he would look inside, he was there by himself and at night.
He looked in and this body's muscles contracted and it sat straight up as gases expelled causing a "screaming" sound.

He darn near shat himself (probably did) and quit that night.

Wtf.

An old guy, Mr. Cornell told me a story about when he was a kid.
He knew the town undertaker and one day the undertaker asked young Cornell if he would run the hand pump while he ran an errand.
The hand pump was apparently used to pull the blood out of the body.
As young Cornell was merrily pumping away, a vacuum was created and suddenly the corpse let out a loud sucking sound.
Mr. Cornell said that he believes that was as fast as he'd ever run in his life.

If I may quote a line from John Goodman in one of my favorite comedy's, "NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!". You win a free evenning at home if you can guess the movie.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top