JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
they're 'aw-ite'. local boy doing well. started with a hole in the wall within the
bowels of a strip mall. kind of like SurplusAmmo, ie relatively inexpensive, high
volume, get people moving in and out. no frills, minimum accouterments in terms
of furnishings.

over the years, Wade seemed to parlay his love for firearms and decent deals
into what it is now. his own building, an indoor shooting range in the outskirts
of Bellevue and deep in the heart of microsoft territory and Patty Murray blue
King County.

if you shop hard, you can usually find better deals. but Wades has held up
surprisingly well over the years and into a decently sized Class 2 dealer,
on-site gunsmith.

I've only purchased one item from them in recent years. dont think you'll
encounter a 'steal' for a firearm but it'll be somewhat competitive.

i've not compared his in-store prices with those on gunbroker though

I find their prices high and their transfer fees untenable. I do shoot at their range from time to time.

The guys behind the counter are mixed in knowledge and bullsh*t quotient. I wouldn't have any qualms about buying from them if they had what I wanted at a price I wanted to pay.

I agree with Rodell- they are over priced, but I'd buy from them if they had something I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. Some salesmen must've come from a used car lot, others are pleasant and knowledgeable.

Wades has always been good to me. They have a great range of guns and accessories. I've heard others complain about the service but never had a problem myself.

And Bellevue is hardly liberal blue Seattle. The Democrats have never been able to win the 8th in Congress.

Thanks for all the input guys. How about the GunBroker.com Auction Site. Anybody have any dealing with this? The guys in Bellevue have something that I want and has to be purchased thru the Auction site and transfered thru FFL here locally in Oregon. I wouldn't do it if it could be found locally but it can't be found.

Now that West Coast Armory is moving much of their operation from Issaquah to their new Bellevue location, I'm hoping that the competition between two stores/ranges in the same 'hood will result in even better deals. WCA's range is much nicer, IMHO.

Time will tell...

Thanks for all the input guys. How about the GunBroker.com Auction Site. Anybody have any dealing with this?

Just make sure you do your due diligence when purchasing from a seller on Gunbroker, ie check the quality and quantity of the Feedback the seller has received, stuff like that. I've bough $5 through $1,000 items on Gunbroker and everything has worked out well for me so far.

Keith

To the OP: I'm a customer of Wade's because of the convenience of the range and their normally good selection of guns in stock. I have a "regular" salesman I deal with and order through when necessary. I have found their pricing to be on the medium to high side but they have often matched or beat pricing when I was ready to place an order or buy from stock. Like any other specialty business, if you get to know the people behind the counter, you can usually do OK. Another place to check out is Cabela's in Lacey. I've had good results there as well.

I have had OK to poor service from them. And now I only buy class 3 items from them. I have purchased firearms from them before, but only on something that I had to have and couldn't find anywhere else. They are overpriced and some of the guys behind the counter can be real a-holes, while others are decent.

Most recently I tried to order a AR from them for along with a mount for my SWR Trident. I was in there for over an hour, standing by while they called SWR and CMMG to make sure the rifle and adaptor was in stock. They confirmed that they were so I paid in full and they said it would take 3 to 5 days. I made several calls trying to figure out what was going on. Finally eight weeks later my rifle showed up and they called. I went in there and found out they didn't charge me enough and wanted another $200.

I would understand that if they underpriced the rifle to begin with but they didn't. It was priced right in line with what a RRA list's for.

YMMV.
Get it in writing and walk away if they reach for the vasline.

Now that West Coast Armory is moving much of their operation from Issaquah to their new Bellevue location, I'm hoping that the competition between two stores/ranges in the same 'hood will result in even better deals. WCA's range is much nicer, IMHO.

Time will tell...

omg, did Bellevue capitulate and allow them to sell firearms?

Wades has always been good to me. They have a great range of guns and accessories. I've heard others complain about the service but never had a problem myself.

And Bellevue is hardly liberal blue Seattle. The Democrats have never been able to win the 8th in Congress.

Boy, I wish that were true.
Find Your Legislator
Click the radio button for "Cong" and you get Dave Reichert but he's only 1/3 of the team. -Boyd (your Wa-08 Election Volunteer Coordinator for NRA)

Time will tell...

omg, did Bellevue capitulate and allow them to sell firearms?

To the best of my knowledge, they only have the range, pro shop and wholesale divisions in Bellevue. Bellevue isn't allowing them to have any retail business because the area is not zoned for retail.

I'lll stop in the Issaquah store one of these days and see if there has been any change to that plan.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top