JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,
I drove up to the Waddell Creek pit in Capitol Forest yesterday to put a new gun through its paces, and was surprised to see that it was closed. There were big piles of rock or gravel or something (didn't get out of the car to check due to time constraints) where people usually park, as well as some sort of earthmover machine and a camper van further in. Does this happen often, or are they closing the spot permanently? I only started going there recently, and it is really convenient, so I hope that it isn't permanent.

I was in the area today. Do you mean the lower "triangle pit" with the gate, or the one further up the mountain? Further up is completely blocked now with trucks, equipment, and rock piles. It's likely not permanent, but it can last a while.
As for the triangle pit, I didn't think they used that one at all anymore.

Lower (triangle pit) is still the main shooting area in the forest. There is no more mining in that area. The upper quarry is still an active quarry that DNR pulls rock out of to repair roads etc. The equipment up there is temporary.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top