JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're not allowed to carry a weapon concealed or open in most stores and shopping center.

Concerned for safety.

If I can't carry into a store or shopping cent, I don't shop there. There are plenty of places that allow carry, open or concealed for me to suport a place that does not believe as I do. I do not support the WAC, and will not attend any of their shows, but if that is the rules they, as an organization, wish to live by, that is their thing, just not mine. If they want to restrict the loading a firearm that is for sale....that I don't have a problem with...that they wish to disarm me of my own personal protection...that I have a problem with.

As for the OP, I feel very sorry for the guy that had this happen... #1: ALL weapons are loaded! always, even after you did just drop the mag. At least it is only a hole in the roof, if that. And to the instructor beaters...I will bet this guy will be a better instructor because of his "accident", not worse.

Wow, are we really going to argue about this? You have a right to carry in public. That is called a law. You also have a right to decide how people will conduct themselves on your property. That is called a rule. If I don't like your rules, I don't come on your property. It's not a law, and it's not an infringement on my rights. My house my rules, your house, your rules. Outside, laws. Yes, there are technicalities, and it's not always quite that simple, but for crying out loud, let it go already. If you guys really just have to duke it out, how about you start a new thread titled "Mine's Bigger"?

:s0049:

Huh - never seen the NRA rules before, but have seen the Cooper rules many times. I think I like the Cooper rules better.

When I first started teaching, so did I. (I learned the Cooper rules first, and taught them for a couple years before I even heard the NRA rules.)

I would point out, though, that in this example, it was the direction the muzzle was pointed that saved disaster.

As I taught more and more, I also started stressing muzzle discipline over all else, because, like this example, it's the final line of defense. When you make a mistake (and if you shoot enough, you will, just like this guy) I want the round to go downrange. That was when I realized that that's probably why the NRA rules make it number one.

As far as this guy goes, I'm impressed that he taught and apparently attended the gunshows regularly, and it took him until he was 70 something to have a negligent discharge. It happens to thousands of folks with a lot less activity a lot sooner.

He's well trained and has good habits. The calendar is proof of that.

Now, before you get up on that high horse, remember that the calendar is your friend. Before you say you've never had a negligent discharge, remember that every day that goes by while that statement is true is to your credit. And remember how many days this guy had before his run ended, and don't preach to any of us about this until your run of days exceeds his. This guy only needs to put together another run half as long, and he'll probably leave this life with only one negligent discharge, and no one injured on his account.

So when I take weps into a gunshow (to trade or sell), I submit to inspection and endure the zip-tie stranger's wiseass comments about taking my ammo away if I have any. Part of the price of admission I guess.

Often wondered but never asked about it... Many exhibitors seem to be sporting sidearms. Can I assume they're exempt and armed? Actually not a big deal, and it doesn't change my decision to attend or not. Just curious.

I suppose I wonder about one other thing too. If I go armed, and remain concealed, sort of like anywhere else (I'm not into open carry where it's not the yawning norm), is there some chance of being searched and discovered? And what might be the consequence? Anyone ever get caught?

So when I take weps into a gunshow (to trade or sell), I submit to inspection and endure the zip-tie stranger's wiseass comments about taking my ammo away if I have any. Part of the price of admission I guess.

Often wondered but never asked about it... Many exhibitors seem to be sporting sidearms. Can I assume they're exempt and armed? Actually not a big deal, and it doesn't change my decision to attend or not. Just curious.

I suppose I wonder about one other thing too. If I go armed, and remain concealed, sort of like anywhere else (I'm not into open carry where it's not the yawning norm), is there some chance of being searched and discovered? And what might be the consequence? Anyone ever get caught?
With WAC it's expulsion from the show and your membership is terminated on the spot. You might be able to get it back by appealing to the board but not likely. If you're in a show and see a sidearm being carried it will probably be tie wrapped so it can't be loaded and the mag is removed.

As far as this guy goes, I'm impressed that he taught and apparently attended the gunshows regularly, and it took him until he was 70 something to have a negligent discharge. It happens to thousands of folks with a lot less activity a lot sooner.

He's well trained and has good habits. The calendar is proof of that.

Jammer not to put to fine of a point on it but we don't know that this is the first ND this guy has had in 70 years we only know this is the first one he's had at a gun show anyone else here knows about.

It depends on WHAT gun shows you go to. In WA it is the right of the property owner to restrict firearms. While it may be private property public settings I still carry. In WA (I believe the same is true in OR but check) IF you are caught carrying the worst they can do is ask you to leave. IF you choose not to leave then there can be legal repercussions. So there is no "exemption" cause there is no law.

There is a group called WAC Washington Arms Collectors and they put on gun shows which all if not most are in NW Washington. This group is the one that puts on the extra restrictions not State or Federal law. So if you choose to be a member or attend their shows you have to follow their rules or risk loosing membership. If you attend a WAC show you would not even be allowed to bring your firearms in to sell or buy one without being a WAC member #6. Apparently it is not listed in the rules but it is my understanding if you are not a member it is common practice that you can not even touch a gun at their shows without being a member. After looking through the rules it is also not ok to have literature on some legal gun topics one being silencers and the other full auto firearms. It might just be poorly worded though, it might be OK to have these books as long at it is how to legally make or possess them, Rule #12.

At other show not put on by WAC the rules about personal carry of firearms may be different based on what group puts on the event.

At other show not put on by WAC the rules about personal carry of firearms may be different based on what group puts on the event.

I have yet to go to a gun show that allows carrying a loaded weapon. Even the monthly on in Vancouver by the Arms Collectors of SW WA prohibits loaded weapons of any kind concealed or not.

I have yet to go to a gun show that allows carrying a loaded weapon. Even the monthly on in Vancouver by the Arms Collectors of SW WA prohibits loaded weapons of any kind concealed or not.

I know most shows have a policy against it. In post #50 it was commented that he had seen "Many exhibitors seem to be sporting sidearms". That is why I said the rules may be different. WAC has a very defined list of rules that would excluded that.

As I stated in my first post. Extra restrictions that are not required by our state laws or Federal law. So to me I read this as WAC thinks are laws are not strong enough and need more. This equals added restrictions............

You're just not getting it it seems. The WAC is adhering to the rules laid out in a Rental Agreement and imposed by both it's and the fairground's insurance carrier. It has nothing to do with the WAC wanting more restrictions. It's called liability. There are enormous differences between CC by an individual in normal every day circumstances and having a few thousand people walking around in a crowded space with loaded guns. Exchanging, examining, etc. You need only reference the guy you say was exercising his rights in violation of the rules laid out by the WAC so we can actually HAVE A FREAKING GUN SHOW in Puyallup to understand why we need these rules to begin with. You know, that guy that pulled the trigger on a gun he obviously didn't check to see was loaded or not. That guy violating the rules of an organization founded to protect our rights has resulted in us, gun owners, looking like irresponsible idiots to the people who would love nothing more than to place REAL restrictions on your rights and I'm not talking about for a few hours while you're at a gun show. Winning this battle to maintain our rights requires an intelligent approach and organizations like the WAC are smart to operate within the "rules" rather than not operate at all in "protest".

You're just not getting it it seems. The WAC is adhering to the rules laid out in a Rental Agreement and imposed by both it's and the fairground's insurance carrier. It has nothing to do with the WAC wanting more restrictions. It's called liability. There are enormous differences between CC by an individual in normal every day circumstances and having a few thousand people walking around in a crowded space with loaded guns. Exchanging, examining, etc. You need only reference the guy you say was exercising his rights in violation of the rules laid out by the WAC so we can actually HAVE A FREAKING GUN SHOW in Puyallup to understand why we need these rules to begin with. You know, that guy that pulled the trigger on a gun he obviously didn't check to see was loaded or not. That guy violating the rules of an organization founded to protect our rights has resulted in us, gun owners, looking like irresponsible idiots to the people who would love nothing more than to place REAL restrictions on your rights and I'm not talking about for a few hours while you're at a gun show. Winning this battle to maintain our rights requires an intelligent approach and organizations like the WAC are smart to operate within the "rules" rather than not operate at all in "protest".

It is nothing more than an extra layer of security/safety to show the general public that the club is being more responsible than your average Joe Blow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top