JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My hunting buddy called me last night and told me that on Sunday at the Washington Arms Collector gun show there was an AD. A 25 year life member was fumbleing around with a hand gun and a holster and put a round through the ceiling. WAC security and LEO's imeadiatly esscorted him out and packed up all his stuff. He was inatantly banned from the membership. In the lastest agreement with the Fairgrounds, there is a clause about AD's and loosing the facilities. Maybe Cocktailer knows something more. I am sure he was there. I hope WAC does not loose the facility. It has become part of the community here in Puyallup. I have been going to the shows since 1991. I guess we will wait and see what happens.

I was there on the far side of the building when it happened and was told it was an 85 year old man that teaches gun safety and they are not sure if he is getting banned or not. WAC is responsible so who knows what will happen. Chances are they will give them a slap on the wrist.

Not a AD (accidental discharge), it was a NG (negligent discharge). What was he doing with a loaded fire arm in the building?

He lives in a state where OC and CC (with permit) are legal and didnt feel that attending a show should take away his 2A rights.........

WAC, the gun restricting group that is "pro gun" ...........

Probably ten years ago, at the Expo Center in Portland, a gun went off back in a corner of the show floor, round hit the wall. You could have heard a pin drop in that crowded facility just afterward. The immediate area was vacated rapidly by all, (it looked like water-skeeters fleeing from a rock thrown in a pond).

Cops rushed to the "scene of the crime". No one would talk to them.

Show continued, and has ever since.

I was there for the Expo shot :) It was a slow day and I was suprised to see about half the crowd at the door end of the building was actually plain clothes police! Most rushed the noise, and a few stayed at the doors and stayed on the radios. It was a strange thing to hear inside. Almost surreal.

People on Sunday didn't seem to bothered by the shot, most were I was couldn't believe it actually happened.

I do sometimes wonder if the WAC people are a little scared of guns in the first place with all the zip tieing of personal guns. Not too sure if they actually support conceal/open carry or if it's just for insurance purposes. I mean what is the difference in walking into a gun store strapped than walking into a WAC show?

The difference is the rental agreement. And safety. I've been going to gun shows since 1964 and I've seen enough crap going on at shows to curl your toes. People as a whole are quite brain dead. I have watched Dozens of times over the years where someone has picked up a gun off a table and dry fired it with never so much as looking to see if it was loaded. I've seen guys using other people as practice targets while they see how cool the laser is. I've seen people flip butterfly knives around like the were Bruce Lee and end up with the thing flinging across the isle. I once saw an Idiot pickup a Beautiful near MINT condition Baby Browning and rack the slide and dry fire it. Throwing the tip of the firing pin right out the end of the barrel. I've seen guys pickup beautiful 100+ year old Winchesters and then drop them across 4-5 others laying on the table. I can tell you how many bandaides I have handed out at shows because people were stupid enough to test the edge on a knife with their flesh.

I've been at shows 3 times when there was a Negligent Discharge.

At one point for about 14 years I attended as many as ten gun shows a year as a Custom Knifemaker.

I got no trouble with the safety precations.

You're not a member are you? If you were you'd know how stupid that statement is.

Nope I am not. I dont need another group that wants my money to do what I can at any other show for free. On the east side we dont have extra restrictions to our rights.

I am correct that the WAC that makes you join and do all their stuff to buy guns or even touch one at shows over there right?

Yes that is correct. You have to be a member to buy or sell a complete firearm. You can go as a non member and buy all the accessories and parts and ammo all you want. If you can find FTF private sales of firearms or receivers, you can build the rest of the gun with stuff from the show as a non member.

Nope I am not. I dont need another group that wants my money to do what I can at any other show for free. On the east side we dont have extra restrictions to our rights.

I am correct that the WAC that makes you join and do all their stuff to buy guns or even touch one at shows over there right?

Correct, and to be a member you have to have a WA CPL or pass a background check through the state so it's a safe place to buy/sell (other than the ND that just happened). That's why some of us want to see a CPL OR a WAC membership card. It's some assurance that you can legally own/purchase a firearm.

As I stated in my first post. Extra restrictions that are not required by our state laws or Federal law. So to me I read this as WAC thinks are laws are not strong enough and need more. This equals added restrictions............

People on Sunday didn't seem to bothered by the shot, most were I was couldn't believe it actually happened.

I do sometimes wonder if the WAC people are a little scared of guns in the first place with all the zip tieing of personal guns. Not too sure if they actually support conceal/open carry or if it's just for insurance purposes. I mean what is the difference in walking into a gun store strapped than walking into a WAC show?

It's a gun "show",so you would have people walking in with loaded guns,being offered too much to resist and then unloading their guns while all these people where around.
Doesn't seem too safe to me.

There have also been cases at the Expo show in the late 80's of antigunners coming into the shows and loading a couple of guns. So safety on top of safety on top of safety. Is never too much.

I remember at least three times at the Expo show being asked over the PA system to go through and manually check ever gun on the table because some dealer found a loaded firearm known to have been checked earlier in the show.

I don't have a problem with any individual having a loaded weapon.

I have a huge problem with the general public being anywhere near loaded weapons.

You guys are talking about the difference between an individual and a huge crowd without drawing the distinction.

He lives in a state where OC and CC (with permit) are legal and didnt feel that attending a show should take away his 2A rights.........

WAC, the gun restricting group that is "pro gun" ...........

Not to pick a fight, but I was there, I am on the WAC board of directors and this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that the no-loaded-firearms rule was adopted for. Somebody could have been injured or killed because of this stupidity, which only takes a split second. Remember, this guy teaches gun safety. Shelve your holier-than-thou attitude and just thank all the gods in all the heavens that the culprit at least had the wherewithall to aim the muzzle in a safe direction before pressing the trigger.

Not to pick a fight, but I was there, I am on the WAC board of directors and this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that the no-loaded-firearms rule was adopted for. Somebody could have been injured or killed because of this stupidity, which only takes a split second. Remember, this guy teaches gun safety. Shelve your holier-than-thou attitude and just thank all the gods in all the heavens that the culprit at least had the wherewithall to aim the muzzle in a safe direction before pressing the trigger.

Sounds like the old coot should NOT be teaching gun safety any more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top