JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So WAC 478-124-020 is pretty clear that possesion or use of firearms on UofW campus is verboten.

Does anyone know what the legal boundaries of UofW campus are? Are the roads that run through UofW campus public roads or campus property. The reason I ask is that I have a CPL and am wondering what are the legal logistics of picking my daughter up on campus. Am I forbidden from having a firearm in my vehicle, even unloaded and in the trunk, on campus and does this extend to the streets and roads on campus? I hate to have to leave my firearm at home when I go into Seattle but may be required to in order to pick up my daughter on campus.

RCW 9.41.280 allows for pick up and drop-off at public and private elementary and secondary schools but the wording does not appear to cover universities.

Any insight would be appreciated.

So WAC 478-124-020 is pretty clear that possesion or use of firearms on UofW campus is verboten.

Does anyone know what the legal boundaries of UofW campus are? Are the roads that run through UofW campus public roads or campus property. The reason I ask is that I have a CPL and am wondering what are the legal logistics of picking my daughter up on campus. Am I forbidden from having a firearm in my vehicle, even unloaded and in the trunk, on campus and does this extend to the streets and roads on campus? I hate to have to leave my firearm at home when I go into Seattle but may be required to in order to pick up my daughter on campus.

RCW 9.41.280 allows for pick up and drop-off at public and private elementary and secondary schools but the wording does not appear to cover universities.

Any insight would be appreciated.

First of all, UW is not a primary or secondary school (K-12). .280 has nothing to do with this.

Secondarily, the UW BoR does not have the authority to control private citizens, not connected to the university, it also does not have the authority to write WAC 478-124-020 (should someone decide to challange this WAC in court. They have no more authority than the City Of Seattle had trying to restrict carry in their parks, and if you don't know about that, read Chan V Seattle) RCW 9.41.290

If you work for UW, or you are a student, this WAC does have some effect on you...if you do not, it has no effect...what are they going to do to you? Fire you? withhold your transcripts?

There is no LAW in WA that states you may not carry, openly or concealed with a CPL on any state funded college or university campus in the state. If you carry per the LAW, they cannot do anything to you...stop worrying about it.

You cannot be tresspassed on Publicly owned property that is open to teh general public. RCW 9.41.300

That's some of the worst legal advice I've ever seen on the internet.

OK, help me out here:

Can you please explain the LAW that states the UW BOoR can regulate anyone or anything that is not directly connected to the operation of the school?

I will even help you a bit. The powers teh legislature has given to the UW BoR are in RCW 28B.20.130...can you tell me specifically where the BoR are specifically authorized by the state legislature to regulate firearms as per RCW 9.41.290 and RCW 9.41.300?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top