JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This article is wrought with wrong thinking IMO. What is the ethnicity of the criminals? Give them your money and then let them shoot you. Would you want to gamble your life that they didn't intend to kill you? So if one of these jerks is leaving and turns to shoot and ends up with a bullet in the back, the good guy gets prosecuted?

I think there is no easy answer here.
At times it may be best to comply and give up the money .... At others it may be best to shoot.

I do dislike the blanket statement "it's safer to give them what they want..."
All I can say to that is : Maybe.
You never know for sure what the other guy is thinking ... so to say something to the effect of :
"Its safer / always best to / you need to etc ... is full of assumptions and we all should know what happens when you assume...

You must do what you think is best for you and your safety at that time ... And be ready for others to "Armchair General " your every move and decision.
Andy

The easy answer would be "stay out of Yakima". But that wouldn't work for everyone. Each situation really, is unique, so what might be the best course of action in one could be the worst in another. Be vigilant, be prepared.

Brutus Out

I think there is no easy answer here.
At times it may be best to comply and give up the money .... At others it may be best to shoot.

I do dislike the blanket statement "it's safer to give them what they want..."
All I can say to that is : Maybe.
You never know for sure what the other guy is thinking ... so to say something to the effect of :
"Its safer / always best to / you need to etc ... is full of assumptions and we all should know what happens when you assume...

You must do what you think is best for you and your safety at that time ... And be ready for others to "Armchair General " your every move and decision.
Andy

Two keys to increase your chances of being a success in your endeavors and having a long life.

1. Never say, "Always".

2. Never say, "Never".

Class dismissed, carry on. ;)

The easy answer would be "stay out of Yakima". But that wouldn't work for everyone. Each situation really, is unique, so what might be the best course of action in one could be the worst in another. Be vigilant, be prepared.

Brutus Out

I live in Yakima. I feel much safer walking down the street in Yakima than I do in some neighborhoods of Portland or Tacoma and especially in neighborhoods of real cities. Theres some property crime in poorer neighborhoods and the murder rate is high among those in the drug trade but otherwise its a pretty calm city in most areas. Its all white bread and milquetoast out where I'm at.

It's just like 25 miles from one side of the city to another. Out here in what would normally be the suburbs it's pretty tame and even the worst parts of town pale in significance to Oakland, Detroit, Chicago etc. in what I'd call perceived levels of danger. Basically if you aren't in the drug trade you don't have much to worry about.

That particular minit mart happens to be in the worst part of town and right next to the highway. Its one of those "Rob Me" magnets. Probably not even close to being the first time its been robbed. IN L.A. the clerk would be behind an inch and a half of plexiglas.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top