JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just left the Clark County sheriff's office to get fingerprints done, and was told they are doing an average of 200 concealed weapons permits a day!! WOW, that's 4000 a month.

On Christmas my 65 year old mom, told me she want's to get her permit. If you knew my mother you would understand why I practically fell over..LOL. I wonder what this is saying about our society?

lol nice! so thats 375,001 and counting! It takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun!

yeah I hear ya! My mom is anti gun too she thinks ppl have made it this far without needing guns guess she fails to realize the guys that needed a gun and didnt have it are not here to tell their story.....;)

If you think about it these recent shooting have helped the gun community. Awful hard to change or try to control gun control when half of America is getting their cw permit. Kinda a messed up way to look at it but it is what it is.

What is REALLY scary is how many people will be on the streets, carrying loaded fire arms, with a serious lack of training! But that's not the worst of it, I'm wondering if all these (200 CCPs/DAY?) people have proper safe and secure storage for their fire arms?

I'm fairly new to all this conceled carry stuff. Doing my best to "Self Train", scenario discussion with Wifey, etc. IT AIN'T EASY!!!!! The thought of some/many gun newbs (I are one reletively) loading up and hitting the streets scares the crap out of me!

Be careful what you wish for guys.

Mike

Well I am not a WA resident, but my dad is 84 now in great shape goes bowling once or twice a week goes fishing and stuff, he told me he was thinking a pistol, I told him go for it. I had one of my pistols stored there for the longest time in his closet, but he asked to take it he did not to risk me getting in trouble if shot someone with it, I tried to give it to him as gift but he said no, when he was ready.

The only thing I worry about with him is hime firing when his hearing aid are in, not putting in ear plugs before shooting at the range and making his hearing worse, see worked in auto factory for 34 years

It's good thing people are trying to protect themselves. :s0155:

But for the new people, I really hope they have proper basic training and learn how to handle them safely.

What is REALLY scary is how many people will be on the streets, carrying loaded fire arms, with a serious lack of training! But that's not the worst of it, I'm wondering if all these (200 CCPs/DAY?) people have proper safe and secure storage for their fire arms?

I'm fairly new to all this conceled carry stuff. Doing my best to "Self Train", scenario discussion with Wifey, etc. IT AIN'T EASY!!!!! The thought of some/many gun newbs (I are one reletively) loading up and hitting the streets scares the crap out of me!

Mike

Wring your hands all you like, the 2nd ammendment granted us this right. I don't have to pass a test, and I am completely responsible for the consequences of my actions.

You worry about yourself and I'll worry about me.

Well I am not a WA resident, but my dad is 84 now in great shape goes bowling once or twice a week goes fishing and stuff, he told me he was thinking a pistol, I told him go for it. I had one of my pistols stored there for the longest time in his closet, but he asked to take it he did not to risk me getting in trouble if shot someone with it, I tried to give it to him as gift but he said no, when he was ready.

The only thing I worry about with him is hime firing when his hearing aid are in, not putting in ear plugs before shooting at the range and making his hearing worse, see worked in auto factory for 34 years

Modern hearing aids have a cut out that shuts loud noises out like electronic ear muffs do.:)

Mike

You must be young. There were very few states that required permits to carry (most needed a permit to conceal, but not to carry)...even CA...back before the GCA68. Believe me, a lot of people carried when the riots were going on in the 60's...my my, it was never a problem then, why should it be now?

In WA they hand you a copy of the law in booklet form, tell you to read it...There are almost 400,000 permit holders in WA, and unknown number that did not bother with a permit, and a unknown number the legally OC, no nanny permit necessary....how many stories of inexperienced people neglegently discharging their weapon, or endangering society that happened in WA? Oh yes, the gal with the little kid that pointed her .380 at the sexual pervert in the park in Longview....but wait...that was a legal display of a firearm, and it did what was intended...the pervert ran off and left her alone. And, oh yes, she could legally conceal that pistol without a CPL because she was participating in an outdoor recreational activity (RCW 9.41.060)

Personally, I would like to see the NFA34, the CGA68 and 87, and all that came with them, just go away, along with the "prohibited persons", FFLs, and all that came with them. Quit beimng a closet anti, wake up and read you state constitution. (OR, WA, ID, NV.....)

Mike

Mike why are you self training. Do you have the knowledge or background to do that. Do you know OR laws for carrying, I mean know them and not from internet postings unless you have went to the source. Have you have a CHL class. Do you have any firearms classes.
What are you using for sources of training. Where and how are you practising? I would contact OAF asap for some training. Or Firearms Acadamy of Seattle, they are in Onalaska WA.

You must be young. There were very few states that required permits to carry (most needed a permit to conceal, but not to carry)...even CA...back before the GCA68. Believe me, a lot of people carried when the riots were going on in the 60's...my my, it was never a problem then, why should it be now?

In WA they hand you a copy of the law in booklet form, tell you to read it...There are almost 400,000 permit holders in WA, and unknown number that did not bother with a permit, and a unknown number the legally OC, no nanny permit necessary....how many stories of inexperienced people neglegently discharging their weapon, or endangering society that happened in WA? Oh yes, the gal with the little kid that pointed her .380 at the sexual pervert in the park in Longview....but wait...that was a legal display of a firearm, and it did what was intended...the pervert ran off and left her alone. And, oh yes, she could legally conceal that pistol without a CPL because she was participating in an outdoor recreational activity (RCW 9.41.060)

Personally, I would like to see the NFA34, the CGA68 and 87, and all that came with them, just go away, along with the "prohibited persons", FFLs, and all that came with them. Quit beimng a closet anti, wake up and read you state constitution. (OR, WA, ID, NV.....)

HaaaaaaHaaaaaa...Young no, coming close to 60. As I've said, I'm fairly new to firearms, and the wisdom that comes with age causes me to take them very serious. In the 'Good Old" days of the past you talk of, people seemd to take personal responsibility seriously. One only need to drive around a bit to see that many, MANY people behind the wheel of 4000 pound deadly weapons do not take the responsibility seriously. While I believe it is a good thing to have many people with ccp I fear that too many of them would not be fit to use the fire arm properly.

I am not a closet anti. It just seems to me, with the "Dumbing" of the human race that I've seen, there a lot of people out there I would not trust with a fire arm.

Mike why are you self training. Do you have the knowledge or background to do that. Do you know OR laws for carrying, I mean know them and not from internet postings unless you have went to the source. Have you have a CHL class. Do you have any firearms classes.
What are you using for sources of training. Where and how are you practising? I would contact OAF asap for some training. Or Firearms Acadamy of Seattle, they are in Onalaska WA.

I'm pretty sure I have the knowedge to practice pulling my gun from a holster, to dry fire at a target. I'm not allowed at my range to do that with live fire, so at the range I practice trigger pull and hitting the target. Do I need to go to a special school for that? Yes I know oregon laws for carrying. Maybe someday I'll take an OFA, or similar training
You mention CHL class, that basic class to get your permit is really a joke other than for someone that has NEVER held, fired or seen a gun before. Yeah, I learned which end the bullet came from, and had the four basic rules repeated. Oh, and the difference between a revolver and semi-auto. Wifey took the eight hour class at the CCPSTC, she really had no clue before that and it made a hell of a difference! One thing that stuck with me and changed my attidude was, if you do shoot someone in self defense you had better do it RIGHT, or you may very well end up in prison, or at the very least ruin yourself financialy defending yourself in court. I read of people on NWFA state how they'll shoot dead anyone who comes in their home uninvited, foolish.

I may not be THE sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have a brain, I use it. I think things through, I am the son of an engineer (not train), and a mechanic. I see stupidity and not give a bubblegum atitude all around me on an almost daily basis, I'm just leery of the idea that everyone/anyone should go out buy a gun and carry.

Respectfully

Mike J.

MikeJ
You should go take a defensive handgun class. You will add to your skills more then you image and it is fun. So much fun I just bought more jacketed bullets to load for another class I am taking in the spring to further enhance my skills.

MikeJ

I got one of these laser targets
<broken link removed>

with an appropriate laser cartridge for the gun like this
<broken link removed>

definitely not like the real think but you can see if you are at least close to where you are aiming. Better than just dry firing.

And definitely try a defensive handgun class, or any class at all where you have a good instructor and you are at a range shooting. Plus its a lot of fun. Not to mention in my last class I was the only guy with about ~10 women in the class. You just have to be careful you dont get too distracted by the scenery. :)

HaaaaaaHaaaaaa...Young no, coming close to 60. As I've said, I'm fairly new to firearms, and the wisdom that comes with age causes me to take them very serious. In the 'Good Old" days of the past you talk of, people seemd to take personal responsibility seriously. .

Actually, in WA they make it YOUR responsibility to 1: know the law, and 2: know you own weapon. There is no government mandated training requirement.

Guess what? I'll bet the people that have CPL in WA are, on average, better trained than the people that have a license to carry in NM. (where manditory training is almost at LE level, just to get you CPL) The problem today is, everyone whats to control everything, the way THEY think it should be done. There is no room for personal variations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top