JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People need to learn the difference between HIGHWAY and FREEWAY/INTERSTATE driving.

Highway, you CAN travel the speed limit no matter how much that pisses off all the lead footers who want to go 5-15mph over, mostly because you'll have exits on the right and left of you (generally)

The freeway/interstate system is where the "left lane is only for passing" comes into play. However I dont think it deserves fines/tickets..

Thats lunacy, whats next? We start ticketing people for walking too slow at the grocery store?
"Move over to the right of the aisle granny, I need to pick up a box of fruity pebbles ASAP!"

Are slow drivers frustrating, yes. But.. You can go around them?! Say what?
What about:
Speeding truckers, texters, make up regiment women, smokers, people who dont use turn signals, people who cross over multipul lanes?

There are far more issues they need to resolve before they try nannying more hard working (albeit slow driving) folks.
All those things you mentioned are "ticketable" offenses.

I never said I was intentionally blocking the lane with some sort of agenda. I did make the comment that I am not moving over you can go around. But I am not in the left lane to intentionally block anybody. All I am doing is trying to get to work as expeditiously as possible.

And blocking the left lane :D

Feel free to use all the lanes for the intended purpose. The left lane is designed for passing only and the law states keep right except to pass

again....what ever. Thanx Daddy for pointing out my errors. I guess I am not one of the sheeple. Oh and the left lane was not designed just for passing. That is something that has come up in the last few years. When the freeways were built they were designed so vehicles can use all of the lanes of traffic. Whether it is just two lanes or four.

I never said I was intentionally blocking the lane with some sort of agenda. I did make the comment that I am not moving over you can go around.

All good except you are probably going the same speed parallel to a car in the right lane.

I will sometimes drive in the left lane for miles at a time but only because I'm probably going the fastest (if you dont like it oh well, my ticket my business) and am passing everyone else. If I see someone getting closer in the rear view, I do the decent thing and let them by.

Are you the one in the little white Prius that received a "love tap" for camping in the left lane???

upload_2016-1-21_12-40-20.png

You wouldn't be the first. :mad:

You must not know Washington driving laws. If you rear end somebody, it is automatically your fault. Before you jump all over me about knowing the laws, I do. But I choose to ignore this stupid left lane law because it is not for any safety. It is so LEO's get a free pass on the highway.

Not know the laws? Why is it that you think you are the only one that knows "the laws"? Also, why is that you choose to ignore them on purpose?

I know what the laws are too. I know exactly what it means to "love tap" someone. I also know what it means to pass them then slam on the brakes.

You intentionally ignore the laws that you know so well, and others are the ignorant ones?

rdb241, I think you've made your point very clear.

Not know the laws? Why is it that you think you are the only one that knows "the laws"? Also, why is that you choose to ignore them on purpose?

I know what the laws are too. I know exactly what it means to "love tap" someone. I also know what it means to pass them then slam on the brakes.

You intentionally ignore the laws that you know so well, and others are the ignorant ones?

rdb241, I think you've made your point very clear.

I hope so. You misquoted me. I did not say I ignore the "laws". Plus I never said that I am the only one who knows the laws either. Get your facts straight before replying. I ignore just this one law about the left lane BS on the freeway. When you make a turn onto a four lane road and there are two lanes in one direction. Do you turn into the closest lane like the "law" says or do you drift over to the center lane with out using your turn signal? EVERYBODY breaks traffic laws at one time or another. Also if you pass somebody and then slam on the brakes, by definition that is road rage and you can get a ticket for that!

What are you looking for? Do you want a reply something like....

You are absolutely correct. You are correct about everything. The morning traffic starts with you, and ends with you. You are worshiped on the highway/freeway. Everyone follows your example. Only you know the laws in WA inside and out. No one knows the laws like you do. :s0152:

Is that what you were looking for?

How's this.....

You stated that I must not know the laws. Then you turn around and claim that I misquoted you. You stated that you ignore the law. Period. That is what you stated.

Then "I hope so"? Really?

Fact is, you can do anything you want. Whether it on the freeway or in a grocery store. Law abiding or not. Just as you stated, not everyone abides by the laws all the time.

The $120 ticket to the person who slams on their brakes is nothing in comparison to the 6-figure law suit that will ensue by the "ambulance chasing" attorneys who would do anything to take on a case like that.

You want an articulate reply, I believe you just got one.

Stay in the left lane and "play your games". Go ahead, quote that. It appears that is all that it is, just a game to you. Unfortunately you've taken the game to the streets and somehow have defended yourself for doing it.

I'm done with this. You've stated what type of person you are on the road. Deal with your own actions, and the others towards you.

Good day!

I am a very safe driver. I have not had an accident for over 35 years. I always follow as much of the traffic laws I can except the left lane deal. lol.......taking the game to the streets. I am not a gangsta living in the hood. Way too mature for that. You are just upset that I am not a good compliant sheeple like you are when it comes to the left lane. That really bugs you huh? I deal with my actions just fine. I am also dealing with your actions just fine. So you sir....have a nice day!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top