JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Drove over into Idaho today to have my oil changed and enjoy a meal in a restaurant.

Was driving back home and the difference between how the two states maintain a shared road was pretty stark.

Driving in Idaho...

IMG_20210216_151721803_HDR.jpg

The exact same highway, but a mile down the road and across the WA border...

IMG_20210216_151919810_HDR.jpg

Noticed it's that way for all the roads and highways around here.

Idaho DOT--It snowed? Get the plows and sander trucks out immediately. Let's get the roads cleared!!!!

Oregon, and Washington DOT--It snowed?? Oooooh, pretty.

I drive for a living going from Portland to Tri Cities, or Lacey Washington so I see the lack of action daily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Here in potlandistan it's a similar contrast between multco and Clackamas County.
Along 82nd you can tell which county you are in. In the clack the roads were pretty clear, even saw a plow out with gravel truck. In multnomah they didn't touch the roads.

I blame the lack of funding that seems to magically appear for special interest causes, instead of basic services like roads.
This year is extra special because of the massive amount of overtime required by law enforcement during the summer of riots.
I fully suspect 82nd will be down to the sub surface by June. With large stretches that will only be passable in monster truck sized rigs.

Idaho DOT--It snowed? Get the plows and sander trucks out immediately. Let's get the roads cleared!!!!

I drive for a living going from Portland to Tri Cities, or Lacey Washington so I see the lack of action daily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

In central OR the plows have been out before me! Roads have been very clear and I've been doing 70+ on them.

A dusting of snow in Douglas county and everything stops as they shovel more snow on the road to make it worse. They really have no clue what to do. It would be 10x better if they just did nothing.

That could be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Not that YOU are patheitic.

@HaveGun Looks like Idaho uses salt?

Think that's bad, most of Texas doesn't have any sort of snow removal. Some 3 million without power for four days! Power company has no clue when power will come back on. Absolute poop show down there.

Most of eastern oregon past Bend is kept clear, all the way to Idaho and Nevada! It's really crazy to drive out highway 22/20 and just the other side of Bend find the roads suddenly cleared all the way to the borders!!!:eek:

50 years of the demo thefts, taking the money's set aside for road and basics and spending it on stupid special projects like city art and green bike lanes!!!

I drive between Salem Or. And Colorado a few times a year, eastern Oregon all the way through to Nevada is usually clear, with the roads treated, plowed, and sanded, and Nevada, Utah, and Colorado all keep their roads clear, which is a much bigger challenge with the amount of snow they get! Every winter, just east of Bend, it's like a magical fairy waved a wand and suddenly the roads are nice and clear!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top