JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
KOIN

" Cantrell told authorities confronted the man trying to break in and shot him multiple times. "

The Columbian

Wonder what the full story is....

I read that this morning. I understand the lack of castle doctrine in the state but it is frustrating (like everything else) that property crimes are now so low of a priority police don't even come out but when defend your property you go to jail.

So the enforcers can't enforce and the punishment for enforcing yourself is worse than that of the criminal. Crime pays and abiding by the law costs.

Shovel came in to play. Self defense may be plausible.
also noted that and wondered.. either the cops were jackasses or he said some stupid sht.

the only sort of things you say to the cops in this situation is "my life was in jeopardy, so i defended myself. ill say nothing more without an attorney. im now invoking my 4th and 5th, let me know when i am free to go."

I hope the shooter walks, eff these crack heads.

VANCOUVER, Wash. (KPTV) – A violent dispute in Vancouver has left one man in jail and another in the hospital in critical condition. Vancouver Police said just before 2:00 a.m. on June 21, they received a call from 33-year-old Jacob Cantrell who said that another man was breaking into his car with a shovel. Cantrell also admitted that he shot the man several times.

"I heard at least seven shots ring out and you knew it was a gun right away and my husband heard squealing tires prior to that," Julie Engstron, a neighbor said. One of the bullets hit her RV.

"I have to live with that so I'll remember this night and our neighborhood has never been like this," Engstron said. Cantrell was arrested and is charged with assault. The man he shot is in critical condition and police have not yet released his name.

FOX 12 spoke with some of the man's friend's who were at the scene where he was shot and they said what happened doesn't make

also noted that and wondered.. either the cops were jackasses or he said some stupid sht.

the only sort of things you say to the cops in this situation is "my life was in jeopardy, so i defended myself. ill say nothing more without an attorney. im now invoking my 4th and 5th, let me know when i am free to go."
15da66c4816f2dbf6b53f751dd6590bd-1.jpg

Gunfire always attracts so much unwanted attention.

Local Deputy said to my brother after reporting some dirtbag on his property
"Shoot him and then toss a screwdriver on the ground"
That's no sheet.

Local Deputy said to my brother after reporting some dirtbag on his property
"Shoot him and then toss a screwdriver on the ground"
That's no sheet.
that deputy is a goddamn detriment to society. is he going to be the investigator and prosecutor when that happens? no, he wont be.

So little info so real hard to say yet. I noticed it said detectives interviewed the shooter then arrested him. If the shooter kept talking after his rights were read? He may have talked himself into jail. MANY just have no way to keep their yap shut after something like this. I have said for a good while this is going to become common though. When people who work get a belly full of scum and the Police will do nothing? Some will start to just shoot scum.

Fox12 had some 'neighbors' on this morning - said they didn't like/feared the homeowner.

""He whips around the trees ... he's on his roof with his lawn chairs...."
"My husband and I purchased two guns because he's been scaring us, he hasn't threatened us directly but we don't say anything to him and we don't make any movement towards him just in case, we're scared," Engstron said.

I am guessing the homeowner is not a liberal, and probably not a BIPOC.

I don't think killing someone for breaking into your car, that you are not in, is justified. But we don't know the whole story here -
could the bad actor attacked the homeowner once discovered breaking in?

Fox12 had some 'neighbors' on this morning - said they didn't like/feared the homeowner.

"My husband and I purchased two guns because he's been scaring us, he hasn't threatened us directly but we don't say anything to him and we don't make any movement towards him just in case, we're scared," Engstron said.

I don't think killing someone for breaking into your car, that you are not in, is justified. But we don't know the whole story here -
If his neighbors were afraid of him that is not a good sign. Now is it possible he lived next to a couple snowflakes who "feared" him because they saw a gun? Maybe but, does not sound like its that simple. This will be interesting to hear as more comes out about this.

For his sake I sure hope he was in some way threatened with the shovel. Use of lethal force isn't protected under defense of property.

Remembering that guy that shot another mans pitbull that was attacking his foofy lap dog yapper. Dogs are "property" under the law so use of force againt the pitbull was prosecutable. I don't necessarily agree. Even though one less yapper dog in the world doesn't break my heart, "Life" is "life". Protection of property.. I have my own feelings on that too, but we DO choose to live where we live and have to accept the bad along with the good.

On Edit: Before I get flamed, I happen to love dogs. It's just genetically manipulated pocket yappers... I mean... do they still count as "dogs"? Really??:s0140:

Last Edited:

That neighbor sounds like a giant prick. "Oh no, the neighbor is on his roof with a law chair, we better go buy guns because his existence scares us."

By their own admission, he wan't threatening. These people don't sound rational and probably had some political signs for the FUBAR situation in the oval office.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top