JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't worry about any ambiguous laws that the seller may or may not be bending. If you go to a FFL, fill out a 4473 and buy a gun, you are insulated.

The only issue for the seller, is that the third party is technically being transferred a gun ,not for him, so it could be theoretically considered a straw purchase.

If you are really worried, have it shipped.
Third party "transfers" happen thousands of times every day.......it is called UPS and FED X. It just has to go to a FFL to be transferred if across state lines. I am going to do exactly that with a member from Oregon in the next couple of days. If he was from Idaho, it wouldn't be required but the Fed gets involved across state lines.

Third party "transfers" happen thousands of times every day.......it is called UPS and FED X. It just has to go to a FFL to be transferred if across state lines. I am going to do exactly that with a member from Oregon in the next couple of days. If he was from Idaho, it wouldn't be required but the Fed gets involved across state lines.

Yes, I took it like he was going to hand it to a guy named bubba who was going to drop it off at a FFL on his way to the coast, otherwise he probably would have said he would have it shipped.

And if I remember right the law in Washington is father to son or daughter .or mother to son or daughter or kids to mom and dad .
Nothing about BROTHER to sister or vise versa

And like I said she is married has different last name now .
So she is not considered emedant family anymore .so we have to do a background check. That's what I was told .

And if I remember right the law in Washington is father to son or daughter .or mother to son or daughter or kids to mom and dad .

Gift is fine.

A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings, siblings-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift or loan;

And like I said she is married has different last name now .
So she is not considered emedant family anymore .so we have to do a background check. That's what I was told .
I don't believe that part. I have never seen a law defining relatives as having the same last name. Either she is or isn't......

RCW 9.41.113: Firearm sales or transfers—Background checks—Requirements—Exceptions.

"(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings, siblings-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift or loan;"

EPS, your sibling is a sibling, regardless of her last name.

I don't believe that part. I have never seen a law defining relatives as having the same last name. Either she is or isn't......
Lol I'm out I'm done I will go pay the money and have it done CAN'T TAKE THE CHANCE THESE DAYS THE LIBATARDS RULE THE STATE FOR NOW .
did you all see there is another PURGE MOVIE coming out in July MMMMMMMM

RCW 9.41.113: Firearm sales or transfers—Background checks—Requirements—Exceptions.

"(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings, siblings-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift or loan;"

EPS, your sibling is a sibling, regardless of her last name.
Okay delay my last post .lol except for the PURGE PART

WOW ,lots of feedback on an obviously unclear law. At this point I am going to visit the FFL and describe a plan for approval.

I want to arrange an appointment with the " courier" arriving at the FFL when I do and then I go thru the background check and pay the $25 then take possession. If the FFL says it is OK, problem solved on my end.

UPS not a option as I want to examine the shotgun for condition.

Thanks for all the input

Why not simply call the ATF? Many FFL's don't know or understand the law. They have been trained but lots of guys sleep through class. The most common training they get is when they are inspected by the state or federal ATF. They won't bite your head off, particularly since you are obviously trying to do it right.

While it is "OK" here, if it was me I would still just pay to have it transferred to her. It would (to me) be well worth the few bucks just in case. If years from now the damn thing gets stolen from her and used in a crime it will make if far easier. Sure as is if you give it to her you are ok, but it would be better if it was just in her name when she had to report it stolen.

While it is "OK" here, if it was me I would still just pay to have it transferred to her. It would (to me) be well worth the few bucks just in case. If years from now the damn thing gets stolen from her and used in a crime it will make if far easier. Sure as is if you give it to her you are ok, but it would be better if it was just in her name when she had to report it stolen.

Thats a bunch of crap. Nothing gets "transferred" to anyone short of NFA in Washington. BGC's are "needed" ( forced by law ) to determine if the buyer is allowed to own the gun. Thats all. We do not have gun registration in Washington outside of the NFA .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top