JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Burglary suspect shot after attacking homeowner near Olympia

Burglary suspect shot after attacking homeowner near Olympia

Deputies said the intruder was taken to Providence St. Peter Hospital where he continued to be combative and curse at doctors and staff. Investigators said as soon as he recovers from the gunshot, he will be charged with burglary.

And soon some judge will decide he is incompetent, and of course can't pay them money, so he will be turned lose on the public yet again. You know this was NOT his first run in with the law.

This story just helps me confirm my choices of a) carrying at home and b) carrying .45 ACP, specifically Federal HST 230gr JHP... If yer gonna drop 'em, drop 'em hard...

This is why I carry even in the home. Have a couple pistols that are not much but can be dropped in a pocket of the sweats I use around the home and forgotten about. That way I at least have something if this kind of kook walks in.

130219192003-tsr-biden-prefers-double-barrel-shotgun-00003422-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

That home owner needs more practice and a bigger caliber gun.
The reason I carry at home is because in the United States there srexan average of 2 milion home invasions a year and a 1/3 of the time some one is home.
So that comes to sixty-six thousand home invasions a year where someone is in the home.
You just never know when it will be your turn to be invaded by some low life drug addict who is making their rounds for another fix.

I blame the criminal thief, trespasser and thug.

I blame the messed UP (SNAFU) court system and the judges who continue to let these criminals (Sane or not - I don't give a rat's @@@ since they should be held accountable AND they are still CRIMINALS!) go and continue to repeat the same old dung too.

I swear to God that I have NEVER SEEN THE MENTALITY of the court system here in the western states compared to where I used to live and that includes Montana where they CATER TO THE CRIMINALS, transients, thieves, rapists, murderers, drug runners, dope fiends, drunks and idiot criminals who start fires and attempt to burn down rehabbed nice 'housing'. This happened here in this college town where some people have HUD (Ugh!) housing (Missoula news.) and they LET THE BAD MAN aka CRIMINAL GO - no jail, no insane asylum, NOTHING DONE TO THE ARSONIST who was kicked out of his housing and he had a LONG RECORD TOO. TOO much to type now.

The judge claimed that JAIL or any other place would not help the arsonist! NO !!!! He caused a huge amount of insurance loss for the property owner WHO HAD JUST FIXED UP THE PLACE FOR OVER A MILLION DOLLARS, he caused elderly, w/c and other handicapped people, many other people a LOSS OF THEIR HOME since they could not move back in due to the fire damage immediately, loss of their personal property which was even harder for the lower income people to endure, the elderly and handicapped people were shook to their core too.

End of rant but I might have more to say about these type of criminals.

I wonder what the homeowner used 'gun wise' in this story?

I would have armed myself FIRST if I was the man - had MY GUN IN MY HAND immediately, armed my wife - TEACH HER and if she hates guns - oh well, life's a B. - female dog and then you DIE (NO offense.) or told the WIFE to get out a pitchfork or axe, called the police and told the CRIMINAL TO GET THE HECK OFF OF MY PROPERTY, I WAS ARMED, I CALLED THE POLICE and see if the perp moved away or not. IF the idiot criminal tried to attack me, murder me and go after my wife (If I was that man.) - I would have stopped the THREAT.

ARM YOURSELF whether you are alone or not.

Tell the wife or husband to arm themselves.

Call the police.

YELL OUT to the bad guy that you are ARMED, THE POLICE ARE ON THEIR WAY, TO LEAVE ASAP, ETC.

STOP THE THREAT IF YOU ARE ATTACKED and in fear of losing your life whether you are alone or not.

I am telling you right now that the CRIMINAL SANE AND CRIMINAL INSANE ARE TAKING OVER THE WEST and in other parts of this country.

Some so called FORMERLY safe small towns in NW MT (College towns too!) are being taken over too. And not just with transient criminals but with criminals aka illegal aliens and SOME, not all of them, are in well KNOWN CA gangs that have spread across this country. ALL of the way to the East Coast (News) and not just in the West and in the Midwest too.

Cate

Last Edited:
Added more:

There should be NO excuse or GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD if someone is deemed sane or insane.

Incompetent?!

My aching butt! Gggrrrrr.

START doing something about these criminal thugs and stop making apologies for ALL OF THEM. LOW IQ OR NOT, INSANE OR SANE, DOPED UP, DRUNKED UP, WHATEVER... MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR CRIMINAL ACTIONS AND ATTACKS/RAPES/ASSAULTS/MURDERS!

SOME OLD MAN GOT VIOLENTLY ASSAULTED IN A PARKING LOT HERE IN TOWN AND ALMOST DIED FROM HIS HEAD BEING BASHED IN. HE LOST VISION IN ONE EYE. THEY CALLED IT 'ASSAULT' or some such LOW CRIME NAME not attempted murder which it was FROM 2 YOUNG MEN AGAINST ONE OLD MAN WHILE THEY STOLE FROM HIM AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. ANOTHER NEWS STORY FROM THIS COLLEGE TOWN ABOUT A YEAR AGO BUT THIS CRAP IS HAPPENING ON A DAILY BASIS.

OVER THE WEEKEND, SOME DRUNKED UP AND HIGH ON METH OR SOME OTHER DRUG BUT I THINK IT WAS METH (SPELLING of the whole name? I did not look it up!) slashed and slashed towards people - one went through a coat, one got a box cutter and/or knife held to his throat/head because the person aka THE VICTIM did not give the criminal attacker a cig. The police had several calls from people who were threatened by this pig criminal armed with a knife AND a box cutter.

Cate

On the being "Combative" and of course being still alive after getting shot...
Bullets , no matter what type , or caliber , can at times , do weird things when they hit flesh.

And not to be too grim here...
I have seen men who were shot with what the Medics would call "light wounds" drop right there and other men who were shot with what should have been a mortal hit , keep on fighting....never underestimate the will to live.
Andy

1) "I suppose if the thug fell down or something you probably cannot end his life if the threat had ended already."
So shoot faster. :p
2) Just to run it up the flagpole - What does this commentariat think about .30 Tok with JHP for repelling boarders?
Seems like it would say crunch pretty well, especially with lots of them...

I blame the criminal thief, trespasser and thug.

I blame the messed UP (SNAFU) court system and the judges who continue to let these criminals (Sane or not - I don't give a rat's @@@ since they should be held accountable AND they are still CRIMINALS!) go and continue to repeat the same old dung too.

I swear to God that I have NEVER SEEN THE MENTALITY of the court system here in the western states compared to where I used to live and that includes Montana where they CATER TO THE CRIMINALS, transients, thieves, rapists, murderers, drug runners, dope fiends, drunks and idiot criminals who start fires and attempt to burn down rehabbed nice 'housing'. This happened here in this college town where some people have HUD (Ugh!) housing (Missoula news.) and they LET THE BAD MAN aka CRIMINAL GO - no jail, no insane asylum, NOTHING DONE TO THE ARSONIST who was kicked out of his housing and he had a LONG RECORD TOO. TOO much to type now.

The judge claimed that JAIL or any other place would not help the arsonist! NO !!!! He caused a huge amount of insurance loss for the property owner WHO HAD JUST FIXED UP THE PLACE FOR OVER A MILLION DOLLARS, he caused elderly, w/c and other handicapped people, many other people a LOSS OF THEIR HOME since they could not move back in due to the fire damage immediately, loss of their personal property which was even harder for the lower income people to endure, the elderly and handicapped people were shook to their core too.

End of rant but I might have more to say about these type of criminals.

I wonder what the homeowner used 'gun wise' in this story?

I would have armed myself FIRST if I was the man - had MY GUN IN MY HAND immediately, armed my wife - TEACH HER and if she hates guns - oh well, life's a B. - female dog and then you DIE (NO offense.) or told the WIFE to get out a pitchfork or axe, called the police and told the CRIMINAL TO GET THE HECK OFF OF MY PROPERTY, I WAS ARMED, I CALLED THE POLICE and see if the perp moved away or not. IF the idiot criminal tried to attack me, murder me and go after my wife (If I was that man.) - I would have stopped the THREAT.

ARM YOURSELF whether you are alone or not.

Tell the wife or husband to arm themselves.

Call the police.

YELL OUT to the bad guy that you are ARMED, THE POLICE ARE ON THEIR WAY, TO LEAVE ASAP, ETC.

STOP THE THREAT IF YOU ARE ATTACKED and in fear of losing your life whether you are alone or not.

I am telling you right now that the CRIMINAL SANE AND CRIMINAL INSANE ARE TAKING OVER THE WEST and in other parts of this country.

Some so called FORMERLY safe small towns in NW MT (College towns too!) are being taken over too. And not just with transient criminals but with criminals aka illegal aliens and SOME, not all of them, are in well KNOWN CA gangs that have spread across this country. ALL of the way to the East Coast (News) and not just in the West and in the Midwest too.

Cate
It's all part of there Agenda.
slowly they are getting more and more people dependent on the Government to support and protect them.
Then they can get the Government they want.
Take away guns from those that will fight back.
Let the rest do what they want because they will need food and shelter supplied by the Government.
It's sounds crazy but that's what they are doing.

Do like the trained PROFESSIONAL cops and run it dry. There is plenty of evidence to support your actions. Now that I am not being flippant, continue to shoot until the attacker is on their back or back is facing you you.

This made me laugh because of how true it is. But if you really want to do it like them you need to call a buddy over first and then both run it dry, reload and repeat. Should be good by then.

This made me laugh because of how true it is. But if you really want to do it like them you need to call a buddy over first and then both run it dry, reload and repeat. Should be good by then.
Or what if there is two guys.
You shoot one and the other runs do you go after him .
Mmmmm if he runs in your house .
Now you got one guy wounded on the ground and another in your house.
What do you do.

shoot the guy on the ground make sure he is dead .
So he doesn't get up and attack you from the back.
And go get the other one .
But this could get you put in prison.
Mmmmm
Or get you a Hero award.depends

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class