JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ask the WAC if they are willing to lobby for this bill. One WAC officer I talked to refused because he says it would be futile. His attitude is why WA is not a gun friendly state.

Ranb

I have written to all of the bill 1604 sponsors. Upthegrove says he has written a letter to Pedersen asking him to give the bill a hearing next session. This is the most promising (but inadequate) development so far.

I also got a reply from Joel Kretz, one of other co-sponsors. His answer to my request to ask Pedersen to give bill 1604 a hearing was " Unfortunately with the current makeup of the legislature it will be difficult to move forward with this bill." If you read between the lines then this actually means "I will not push this bill because I do not care about gun owners."

Kretz actually told me he supports the right to keep and bear arms. He sure has a ridiculous way of showing it. If anyone here is in his district, you might want to ask him why he claims to support the RKBA but is not willing to push his own gun rights bill.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/house/representatives/Pages/kretz.aspx

Ranb

I have written to all of the bill 1604 sponsors. Upthegrove says he has written a letter to Pedersen asking him to give the bill a hearing next session. This is the most promising (but inadequate) development so far.

I also got a reply from Joel Kretz, one of other co-sponsors. His answer to my request to ask Pedersen to give bill 1604 a hearing was " Unfortunately with the current makeup of the legislature it will be difficult to move forward with this bill." If you read between the lines then this actually means "I will not push this bill because I do not care about gun owners."

Kretz actually told me he supports the right to keep and bear arms. He sure has a ridiculous way of showing it. If anyone here is in his district, you might want to ask him why he claims to support the RKBA but is not willing to push his own gun rights bill.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/house/representatives/Pages/kretz.aspx

Ranb

It doesnt sound to me like he is saying he doesnt care about gun owners. It sounds more like he is giving you an honest appraisal of the bills possibility of making it in the liberal on the left /FUDD dominated on the right Washington State legislature. Its telling when even the bills co-sponsors don't expect it to go anywhere. I respect the guys honesty if nothing else.

I did not post the entire exchange of e-mail as I did not ask his permission to do so. But I did ask him to tell me what he was doing to push the bill. It turns out he is doing nothing.

Maybe I am wrong, but when a person sponsors a bill, aren't they supposed to take an interest in the bill and make an effort to get it passed? Kertz appears to be doing nothing because (in his own words) it is too hard to do so. That is a bunch of crap as far as I am concerned. He gets to posture as a man fighting for the rights of gun owners by putting his name on a pro-gun bill, but will not even admit to having any intention of doing anything to get it passed, or even get it out of committee.

Being honest is not enough. I believe it was this kind of effort that was put into keeping SBR's and SBS's legal in Washington State. It was this kind of effort that makes it a felony to merely possess an SBR/SBS in WA now.

Ranb

Mr. Condotta replied saying he had support for the bill on both sides of the House and told Pedersen so. It appears that when Pedersen told me that no one told him bill 1604 was a priority, he was indulging in a bit of word play.

It is possible that if we get more gun owners pushing our Representatives before the next session, Pedersen might get the message.

Ranb

I did not post the entire exchange of e-mail as I did not ask his permission to do so. But I did ask him to tell me what he was doing to push the bill. It turns out he is doing nothing.

Maybe I am wrong, but when a person sponsors a bill, aren't they supposed to take an interest in the bill and make an effort to get it passed? Kertz appears to be doing nothing because (in his own words) it is too hard to do so. That is a bunch of crap as far as I am concerned. He gets to posture as a man fighting for the rights of gun owners by putting his name on a pro-gun bill, but will not even admit to having any intention of doing anything to get it passed, or even get it out of committee.

Being honest is not enough. I believe it was this kind of effort that was put into keeping SBR's and SBS's legal in Washington State. It was this kind of effort that makes it a felony to merely possess an SBR/SBS in WA now.

Ranb

It's because each legislator has a limited amount of time and a lot of bills to promote. They have to prioritize. If you were a legislator and had to pick between two important bills - one that looked like it could pass narrowly, and the other that had very little support - which would you pick?

You have a good point. I would probably pick the fight I could win. But bill 1604 does not even have a fiscal note. In other words it will not cost the State anything to implement it. It is a win win bill, especially for a person who says they support the RKBA.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top