JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Paragraph 2(B) allows them for those who are licensed under federal law, meaning FFL. But is for testing-demonstartion purposes only.

Pretty restrictive, that's for sure.

You can consider all these member recruitment drives, gun shows, marketing, etc. as us 'rallying the troops' :s0155:

(1) It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or to assemble or repair any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle.

Hmm. Can't have a hacksaw now, either, apparently.

Similarly we can't transport or carry automatic knives but there seems to be no prohbition in having them in a display case.

Yes the Washington state laws are strange beyond measure. I would love to see the pointless anti-supressor laws repealed. :woot:

Well I wasn't saying that there was a federal exemption for the NFA, I was saying that the doesn't appear to be any exemption listed for the NFA. It just seems that there is a general exemption for LEOs concerning firearms (and other things), it may not be explicitly written, but its just the way things are.

Not trying to say that it is right or wrong, just the way I see it.

Can you show us the exception?

The exemption is written into the law:

RCW 9.41.190
Unlawful firearms — Exceptions.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or to assemble or repair any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle.

(2) This section shall not apply to:

(a) Any peace officer in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty, or to any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty; or

For those interested... several of these NFA weapons appear to be strictly off-limits in WA state :(

Looks like they're ok if you owned them before 1994.

RCW 9.41.190
(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law.

Well I wasn't saying that there was a federal exemption for the NFA, I was saying that the doesn't appear to be any exemption listed for the NFA. It just seems that there is a general exemption for LEOs concerning firearms (and other things), it may not be explicitly written, but its just the way things are.

Not trying to say that it is right or wrong, just the way I see it.

I was hoping you had found something. I wasn't pokin' at ya.

I'm wishing there was something I hadn't seen exempting LE, Mil,SOT......

The exemption is written into the law:

RCW 9.41.190
Unlawful firearms — Exceptions.

(2) This section shall not apply to:

(a) Any peace officer in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty, or to any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty; or

I was referring to silencers only.

I can and do shoot Machine Guns in WA legally.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top