JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the folks over at opencarry.org, it is 9.41.250 and there is no silencer exception for LEO's in .250.

Yup, the "exemptions" for LEO's applies only to section 9.41.250(1)(a) regarding knives. The "exemption" does NOT apply to silencers addressed in 9.41.250(1)(c).

So, if a LEO is training with supressors it would appear that they are in violation of 9.41.250(1)(c) and are "guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW."

I was in The Marksman one day when a county sherrif was discussing how his Knight's Armament was affecting the cycling of his weapon and what were some tuning tips to correct this problem... I thought about having him arrest himself but decided to keep browsing.

From what I have read, the old game and fish regulation regarding shooting through a suppressor does NOT have an exclusion clause for LEO, on or off duty. Of course no DA would take that case, but shows you how old and ignorant the law is.

Exactly why the clowns need to stop making NEW laws and start getting rid of a few of the ridiculous old ones.

They can start with the no supressors and full-auto restrictions here in WA. :s0155:

I just sent this letter to my 1st District Representative Mark Ericks, If anyone wants to use part of it, please go ahead just omit what doesn't apply to you!

Lets get it done!

Dear Mr.Ericks,

Hello my name is Rick ******* and I'm a member of Local 32 Plumbers and Pipefitters Union. We recently met this last fall when you came down to the local 32 political fair we had at our union hall. I was writing to you in support of House Bill 1604. (Changing restrictions on firearm noise suppressors.)

I like many other Washington residents who enjoy Hunting and Shooting Sports feel we have always been archaic in our state laws regarding the use of firearm suppressors. We are allowed to own them but not use them.

Even exposure to 85dBA of noise causes hearing loss over time. Though target shooters seldom are without earplugs, hunters often do not wear ear protection because they need to hear the sounds of the environment around them. Safety is always the utmost concern when handling and shooting a firearm, it’s very hard to communicate with other shooters and children when wearing traditional hearing protection. Allowing legal use of suppressors would be a net health benefit to shooters, hunters and the public.

Shooting ranges, even those situated out in the country, often are a source of noise pollution. Instead, we should stand behind our environmental principles and make it easier for target sports enthusiasts to be good community members by reducing noise pollution.

I'm also concerned that Law Enforcement Officers could be at risk if this doesn't pass. The "exemptions" for Law Enforcement Officers applies only to section 9.41.250(1)(a) regarding knives. The "exemption" does NOT apply to silencers addressed in 9.41.250(1)(c).

So as I understand it, if a Law Enforcement Officers is training with suppressors it would appear that they are in violation of 9.41.250(1)(c) and are "guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW."

I hope you can help me in supporting this bill and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Rick *********

I was on the Knight Armament website looking at their upcoming PDW and thinking to myself, "You know, I would buy one of those today if they were available."

Then I remembered, no, I wouldn't because I can't own one in Washington state.

This state sucks sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads