JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The wife was fooled by some people pushing I594 as well claiming it was to protect gun rights. I told her those people were pushing anti gun petitions and tried to get more info from her but she was too upset to remember anything she thought she was doing something good and was mad she got duped. They were at Wal-Mart on 164th in Lynnwood last Monday at 2pm

Luckily she is not registered to vote, I was going to try and get her registered but now I'll wait until after the deadline to collect signatures

Don't count on both initiatives to be on the ballot...not unless you sign, and get others to sign. otherwise you will be up against I-594 on its own.

Item #2...the money thing is important...URGENT in fact. If you have a few extra dollars, send it to:

POGR
c/o 12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

This battle is only beginning and every dollar, every signature is important.

NOTE: Some people at WaGuns.org - Index page are suggesting that someone go talk to the guy while recording the conversation using a cellphone or such. PLEASE NOTE: WA State has a "All parties MUST be informed when recording conversations" law. Recording a conversation EVEN IN PUBLIC could result in criminal charges and open you to a civil lawsuit. So be safe. Take photos, but don't put your self at legal risk. . .

When you first walk up, simply tell him that "this conversation may be recorded for quality assurance purposes."

I just got molested for the 3rd time this week. Target Mill Plain/164th. These " socially conscious " signature gathers are clearly meth addict hippies being paid daily to fund their meth addictions. I had a particularly aggressive one today. I told him I would never sign such a petition ( 594) and yes they are playing the false flag game. I told him somewhat loudly that " gun shows already have background checks but I know you already know that ". He replied in a soft voice that he did know that. I then asked him what thought he was accomplishing. He started getting loud and full of attitude at this point. I then asked in a very loud voice, " Isn't the truth that you don't really care so long as you get paid ? " He was pissed by now...he told me to " move along sir, no disrespect here ! " a few times. I told him I'd move along as I damn well pleased and spent the next 5 min or so just basically being a nuisance to him.
Did I handle that in a mature way ? Probably not....but it felt good and broke no laws. I really hate those petition molesters...I don't see why places such as Target or Walmart don't kick them off the property. Yeah, I know they are liberal commies too but it does piss customers off and that affects sales. You would thing they might care about that.

What we need is for people to get photos, audio, video, not shout at the guys. I understand why you would want to - it pisses me off too - but this is a shady operation that we need to have documented.

Don't really have much to add other than I too have seen these clowns at the 192nd Walmart here in Vancouver.

First time was this week.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I just got molested for the 3rd time this week. Target Mill Plain/164th. These " socially conscious " signature gathers are clearly meth addict hippies being paid daily to fund their meth addictions. I had a particularly aggressive one today. I told him I would never sign such a petition ( 594) and yes they are playing the false flag game. I told him somewhat loudly that " gun shows already have background checks but I know you already know that ". He replied in a soft voice that he did know that. I then asked him what thought he was accomplishing. He started getting loud and full of attitude at this point. I then asked in a very loud voice, " Isn't the truth that you don't really care so long as you get paid ? " He was pissed by now...he told me to " move along sir, no disrespect here ! " a few times. I told him I'd move along as I damn well pleased and spent the next 5 min or so just basically being a nuisance to him.
Did I handle that in a mature way ? Probably not....but it felt good and broke no laws. I really hate those petition molesters...I don't see why places such as Target or Walmart don't kick them off the property. Yeah, I know they are liberal commies too but it does piss customers off and that affects sales. You would thing they might care about that.

Swell, you recognize it may have been childish on your part. Please, sincerely, don't do that anymore. Most of these people come in here from out-of-state. They gather signatures. They get paid for it. They don't get paid to be confronted by somebody, even if God is sitting on your shoulder. They're not liberal commies, they're signature gatherers. That's what they do for a paycheck. It's ingratiating at times, but when you have bills to pay...

Somebody could easily have video recorded that confrontation and you could be the next YouTube star, quite possibly sinking our chances of defeating this measure in the process. You want that? It might make you feel good now, but in November of next year you might feel small enough to hide under that gravel in the driveway.

A very polite 'No, thank you" will suffice. Beyond that, just leave them alone. Please.

Swell, you recognize it may have been childish on your part. Please, sincerely, don't do that anymore. Most of these people come in here from out-of-state. They gather signatures. They get paid for it. They don't get paid to be confronted by somebody, even if God is sitting on your shoulder. They're not liberal commies, they're signature gatherers. That's what they do for a paycheck. It's ingratiating at times, but when you have bills to pay...

Somebody could easily have video recorded that confrontation and you could be the next YouTube star, quite possibly sinking our chances of defeating this measure in the process. You want that? It might make you feel good now, but in November of next year you might feel small enough to hide under that gravel in the driveway.

A very polite 'No, thank you" will suffice. Beyond that, just leave them alone. Please.

You may not have it quite right on a couple of counts. I did not or do not confront them. THEY confront me. Each and every time I enter and exit Target or Walmart or ride the MAX over in P-town. If you want to stop me in public, waste my time, and piss me off in order to further your cause, I think I have a right to speak in my outside voice. Granted, it may not be the smartest move politically, but as they said in the movie Talladega Nights, " I got my balls back. "

They do not do it to pay the bills. You don't really believe that do you ? Have you seen or even smelled them ? One word. Drugs. They don't even have bills beyond that. Ok, they may not be commies, technically, and probably have no political leanings beyond cash and meth but you have to call them something.

FYI there's at least three of them here at Camas days. They're tricking people into signing this BS.

At the Edmonds ferry terminal waiting for the ferry and there is a guy pushing I594 but at least he is being honest he is asking if anyone wants to sign the petition to require background checks on all gun purchases, luckily I've only seen 1 person sign it

Tons of people being mislead here. I wish I was able to go over there with a sign saying "anti gun legislation" or "missleading" or something, and stand behind one of the guys.

If anyone is free tomorrow and wants to rain on their parade, I think that would be amazing!

There was a guy at the Vancouver WalMart today with both 591 and 594 petitions. He was telling me to sign both petitions in order to get 594 on the ballot so I could vote against it! I told him what he could do with the 594 petition.

That, politely. Once he flipped the board on me, I said "No, I wouldn't sign ..."

At the Edmonds ferry terminal waiting for the ferry and there is a guy pushing I594 but at least he is being honest he is asking if anyone wants to sign the petition to require background checks on all gun purchases, luckily I've only seen 1 person sign it

I was wrong he has both!!! I saw him walk by and I saw I591 in the back, I went over and politely asked if he was just collecting signatures for I594 and he said no he had 2 and turned it over to reveal both, I asked if I could get a picture and he was a little confused but held out I591 I got a pic and asked if he could turn it over and he got nervous and said he had to go check something, at that moment I saw an opportunity to grab a pic of him holding both but he flipped it over and started walking away before I got the pic I asked him if the organization he worked for was having him do both and he got upset and told me he worked for himself and started to storm off and at the same time someone else told me to go hug a tree, I was not being confrontational at all and was very polite and when the guy walked away I didn't want to escalate it anymore but they are for sure doing both and it seems very very shady

Next time I went to the Rec Center the guy was ONLY pushing the background check bill. I watch for a while. He wasn't getting many takers but every one that signed was a woman. . .

Tons of people being mislead here. I wish I was able to go over there with a sign saying "anti gun legislation" or "missleading" or something, and stand behind one of the guys.

If anyone is free tomorrow and wants to rain on their parade, I think that would be amazing!

Guess what though? You can! Nothing stopping anyone from setting up next to these people with an explanatory sign.

Next time I went to the Rec Center the guy was ONLY pushing the background check bill. I watch for a while. He wasn't getting many takers but every one that signed was a woman. . .

No surprise.. This kind of emotional-based law is the kind of bubblegum that panders to female voters, being predominantly democrat/progressive in this state. I bet my mom would vote for it in a heartbeat, even though she knows very well that both her husband and her son are owners of multiple scary guns.

They're at the clark county fair entrance. There were three of them. "Sign to protect your gun rights" they said. When a girl asked if I wanted to sign to create backround checks I told her that that takes away my rights, she pointed to one of the other guys and said "well he's got the other one". Unless they're getting paid the same amount by both sides of the issue, I wouldnt trust them.

They were back at the Wal*Mart on Hwy 99 today. She asked me if I was a registered voter, I said I was and she held up 594. I told her I would never sign that one, then she flipped the board over and asked me to sign it. I told her I had my own copies of it and I knew they would get turned in.
Looks to me like they're purposely trying to confuse people and I'm willing to bet that the 591'a never get turned in.
Dirty trick and I hope the 591 backers can prove it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top