Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA state NFA...???

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by WLDkARd, Sep 26, 2011.

1. WLDkARd

WLDkARd Vancouver New Member

Hello.

I heard a while back that the legislature was taking a look at the NFA type laws, and was wondering if anything came of it...
    Can we own the cool stuff now?!? ;)
    Or was it just fluff....?

2. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

It's now legal to use suppressors in WA, not just own them. Still gotta go through all the legal crap to get one though.

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

We have always been able to own AOW, DD and Silencers. In July it was just a minor wording change to make it 100% legal to use silencers.

It is still illegal to have FA, SBS, SBR but they are working on changing that too.

Of course all Federal NFA rules still apply.

4. Spec.-K

Spec.-K Longview, WA Active Member

No SBRs, or SBSs...?!?
    That just seems unAmerican...!
    ;)

NATO and (deleted member) like this.
  5. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Back in 1994, Mike Lowry and company thought they would restrict anything they could, using the "gang" problem as an excuse. Go to RCW 9.41 and see how many sections were enacted in 1994... Most of those changes enacted in 1994 should be just repealed, not just "fixed". There was no need for them then, and there is no reason for them now.

How many crimnals do you know abide by the law? None? Should be, because by definition a criminal is someone that disregards the law. Writing new laws only will make more people criminals, for why? At least they got smart enough to repeal the restriction on silencers (LE hearing health: they don't care about civilian hearing health, unles the civilian is on Medicade or subsidized Basic health.)

No mans life or liberty is safe when the legislature is in session.

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

"Slackjaw" Mike Lowry was a real festering turd.

7. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

I once was at a press conference in Spokane and asked Lowry to tell is why he needed a tax increase when the state had just paid $450,000 for an aquarium at the state legislature building. (I had a copy of the budget with me). He was not pleased and blustered and moved on.